Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] - Knowledge Base implementation

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 3:46:40 PM
Hi, one of the things I liked in CIV is the knowledge base explaining what all the icons and the tech and items…etc are.

I would love to see something similar implemented.

The search in the tech tree is useful I like it but one needs to know what to search for smiley: smile.

For example – it took me quite a bit of time to figure out that the size of the fleet is controlled by the command and then find the correct technology to research.

As opposed to – KB search for “fleet size” returns the relevant information - explanation for "command" and the technologies related to it.

Thank you.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 3:52:39 PM
Yes yes yes. I can't believe I didn't mentioned this before.

I refer to Civilopedia a lot to see which building does what, and such for example. On a list, where you can apply certain filters and such to get it easier to access "knowledge", like OP said, filtering for command, and those affecting CP shows up. If I filter food, & improvement, I see a list of improvements affecting food production. And so on!

If this won't take much time, this is a must in the game. A recently released indie game (Warlock - Master of the Arcane) lacks this
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 4:19:31 PM
There are several posts requesting a civilopedia, but I don't think it has made it into the suggestions thread yet.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment