Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Larger tech trees

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 1:41:24 AM
Solitas wrote:
Wait what? 3000+ turns? Right now I'm playing a game in a huge galaxy, normal difficulty, slow speed, seven opponents: I'm at turn 300 and have researched 25/50 warfare, 25/32 science, 21/28 exploration and 19/29 trade. I have the strongest fleet, have more than twice the score of number 2, and am in lead for both science and economic victory.

So, yes, I think the research is done way too fast, along with the rest of the game.

Hmm... Reading that again, did you mean 3000+ turns to finish all the research?

Let's do a little maths then. Without any change in my empire as it is now, I will need ... 625 turns, and that includes the final science tech which right now will take 216 turns alone. Disregarding that one I will have researched everything in 409 more turns. That gives a grand total of 709 turns assuming no more science increases!

The thing is that I just got a tech that gives graviton-shielded laboratories, which increases science output in the system it is built in by 20%, and I not built any of those yet. Add to that that in 5 more turns I can build anomalies institutes, which will add 40% to system science.

I'm too tired to do the maths now, but I think it is safe to assume that I will finish all tech barring the final science one within another 200 turns, and that is if I don't get any more star systems; I have 16 now, and there are none non-colonised systems left. As a side bonus, most of my planetary exploitations are set to industry.

So, yeah. I still say that research is over way too fast.

dont know what you did but im on slow. 300 turns in and I only have at the most 20% of everything researched. Steam says 4 hours played.

my turns:

top - 5000 turns for last item

left - 3000 turns for last item

right - 8500 turns for last item

bottom- 1500 turns for last item

I have all scenarios turned off. I win when the rest are dead.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 1:14:37 AM
GenericAmerican wrote:
Wow, 5 minutes a turn average? I can control half the galaxy and have 20 seperate fleets, and not take more than a minute per turn. . .maybe I'm too used to micromanaging things.

I have to agree here. smiley: smile

5 min average would have taken 25 hours to get to turn 300; I have not spent that long. :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 1:03:14 AM
liq3 wrote:
Damn, only 709 turns? Here I was hoping it'd take at least 10,000 turns to research everything! :rolleyes:

Assuming 5 minutes a turn average... 4x709 = 2836 / 60 = just over 47 hours. There are $50 games I play for less then 47 hours. -.-

Wow, 5 minutes a turn average? I can control half the galaxy and have 20 seperate fleets, and not take more than a minute per turn. . .maybe I'm too used to micromanaging things.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 12:48:17 AM
Solitas wrote:
Wait what? 3000+ turns? Right now I'm playing a game in a huge galaxy, normal difficulty, slow speed, seven opponents: I'm at turn 300 and have researched 25/50 warfare, 25/32 science, 21/28 exploration and 19/29 trade. I have the strongest fleet, have more than twice the score of number 2, and am in lead for both science and economic victory.

So, yes, I think the research is done way too fast, along with the rest of the game.

Let's do a little maths then. Without any change in my empire as it is now, I will need ... 625 turns, and that includes the final science tech which right now will take 216 turns alone. Disregarding that one I will have researched everything in 409 more turns. That gives a grand total of 709 turns assuming no more science increases!

The thing is that I just got a tech that gives graviton-shielded laboratories, which increases science output in the system it is built in by 20%, and I not built any of those yet. Add to that that in 5 more turns I can build anomalies institutes, which will add 40% to system science.

I'm too tired to do the maths now, but I think it is safe to assume that I will finish all tech barring the final science one within another 200 turns, and that is if I don't get any more star systems; I have 16 now, and there are none non-colonised systems left. As a side bonus, most of my planetary exploitations are set to industry.

Damn, only 709 turns? Here I was hoping it'd take at least 10,000 turns to research everything! :rolleyes:

Assuming 5 minutes a turn average... 4x709 = 2836 / 60 = just over 47 hours. There are $50 games I play for less then 47 hours. -.-
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 12:08:34 AM
mokaiba wrote:
hmm, I think 3,000+ turns is slow enough.

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 10:41:57 PM
Solitas wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly. As it is now, research is over way too fast. That's from the point of view from someone who's only been playing on slow; either everything is way too fast, or the slow option is not working.

hmm, I think 3,000+ turns is slow enough.

wish I had an auto-turn button...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 6:39:53 PM
thatotherguy57 wrote:
So far, I very much like the way this game is developing. I have a serious complaint about the tech trees, specifically, the Expansion tree. It's absurd that within the first 100 turns, I was able to colonise everything I ran across. This tech tree needs to be completely rethought, in my opinion. The techs fit nicely into the game, but their respective positions in the tree need to be reviewed. The Weapons tree feels good, though I think a little tweaking to it may still be needed. I haven't invested a whole lot into Applied Sciences or Diplomacy tech trees, so I don't have much opinion on those. Also, the speed of research should be slowed further.

I agree, some of the positions make no sense. I would prefer a sots type tech tree, meaning more individualized, rather than one large one. placing destroyers, next to the planet colonization techs make little sense. But as my sig says, it is an alpha, judge accordingly lol.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 6:34:11 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. As it is now, research is over way too fast. That's from the point of view from someone who's only been playing on slow; either everything is way too fast, or the slow option is not working.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 6:22:48 PM
thatotherguy57 wrote:
So far, I very much like the way this game is developing. I have a serious complaint about the tech trees, specifically, the Expansion tree. It's absurd that within the first 100 turns, I was able to colonise everything I ran across. This tech tree needs to be completely rethought, in my opinion. The techs fit nicely into the game, but their respective positions in the tree need to be reviewed. The Weapons tree feels good, though I think a little tweaking to it may still be needed. I haven't invested a whole lot into Applied Sciences or Diplomacy tech trees, so I don't have much opinion on those. Also, the speed of research should be slowed further.
Play on the slow setting? I don't know, if you focus solely on the Expansion tree you will have difficulties not getting killed against the AI on the more advanced difficulties.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 6:22:31 PM
thatotherguy57 wrote:

I agree, it's very easy to unlock the best class ship, or colonizing techs.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment