Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] - Warfare Heroes of Might and Magic style

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 3:33:02 PM
I know there are at least 2 suggestions how to do the warfare. Some tend to RTS some like the cards.

I’d like to suggest a 3rd option – Heroes of Might and Magic style battle.

Endless Space is a Turn based Strategy Game; this will add to the feeling of it and enhance the experience. It will also give control over the actual battle which I beleive all of us want.

Option to group the ships within the fleet.

When you get in to the battle mode you see your groups

Option to place the groups on the battle space.

Implement obstacles and advantages on the battle field

Option to specify which group attacks which opponent’s group and how – long, middle or short range.

...etc.

Really “endless” possibilities smiley: smile

Thank you,
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 10:25:53 PM
I'd prefer HoMM-style combat for land battles. I'm not sure a turn-based system would really do space battles justice. Just my two cents.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 11:01:25 PM
That just feels too complex, IMO. What about having the Heroes duel it out separately from the Fleet battle?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 1:02:48 AM
Kryune wrote:
That just feels too complex, IMO. What about having the Heroes duel it out separately from the Fleet battle?

why would the heroes duel it out away from theyre fleet..? any hero, fleet commander whatever in theyre right mind would stick with theyre fleet -.-

system we have atm is fine.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 4:47:00 AM
Kryune wrote:

That's a terrible idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 6:47:39 AM
MOO2 had a more HoMM-style combat, which worked out quite well. More control over your fighting forces always is appreciated.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 8:28:05 AM
the current battle system is nice because it does not require extensive care on the players part.

You select your cards and then watch, perhaps reselect to adapt but mostly its straight forward.

Your success in battle is not based on YOU microing every last one of em right down to unit movement but rather on you having made the right decisions when fitting your ships and building the infrastructure to support throwing them at your enemies.

+ it really saves on the time factor which is especially nice when multiplayer comes around: the current system takes up only a modicum of time and still does present the battle in style (though more variation i nthe movements and stuff is in order) with all the choices you made represented properly.

Building a combat system that requires the player to move units and give attack orders is also taking away from the feeling of having a fleet battle. you then will agai nend up with that same old and i have to say tired moO problem of mindlessly having to click through your stuff - this gets grating even at the best of times (i ran moo battles on auto most of the time and simply played for victroy through attrition and superior industry.... managing +50 ships per fleet every time... beh....)

Now, fleet sizes are limited in ES, but not limited are the numbers of battles you pic per turn.

having to manage 50 units on the personal level is grating no matter if its on one battle or spread over 10.

Current one is decent, needs more variation but decent.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 2:24:59 PM
magnuskn wrote:
MOO2 had a more HoMM-style combat, which worked out quite well. More control over your fighting forces always is appreciated.

Tactical combat in MOO2, started to become unwieldy past a 10 v 10 ship battle.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment