Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] More variety of stuff to explore in the galaxy

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 3:28:05 PM
I'm wondering sort of stuff is planned to be hidden throughout the galaxy, and how much if it is already in. I've already seen a couple of the random events, but I'd love it galaxies were just packed with all sort of interesting things to find. Like exotic star systems that have things like planets orbit black holes, Dyson spheres, hazardous regions of space that slow movement, and other such Star Trek-esque anomalies-of-the-week. There could also be artifacts that have to be picked up in ships that give a bonus to the empire or a system, or possibly be installed into the ship itself and act like a component with limited quantity. There could even be unqiue schematics for classes of ships, say, one that has 35% weight reduction for energy weapons. Of course these things could be taken from destroyed ships and colonies, making for interesting spoils of war. Anyone else got some ideas?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 4:31:39 PM
... one it needs to be lore wise correct

...two it needs to provide a small buff

... three it will make the game more fun but ... it needs balance
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 4:38:58 PM
Your definition of "packed" may be different. But, there are random events which occur just like you describe. I have seen a ghost colony ship appear, explored a relic ship with new technologies, had unexpected scientific breakthroughs. Perhaps the advanced option screen should have some way to set the amount of random events higher or lower. I know some players do not like them much since they can overshadow good gameplay.

If you have some suggestions for specific events, with specific results, that would be great. I am sure it is not that hard for devs to add them into the game. Writing the exact text would be even better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 8:03:19 PM
Okay then, I'll take shot at it. Basically, by idea is for exotic systems to be the equivalent of Natural Wonders in Civ.

Dyson Ring:

An, until now, theoretical ring-shaped megastructure spanning the habitable circumference of a star. Even on a tiny star like this one, the structure allows for much greater surface area than an habitable planet. If there ever were any other planets in this system, they were probably used in the construction of the ring.

Black Hole System:

Whether they were extra-solar captures, or they merely survived the death of their star, these planets orbit an active black hole. The strong radiation will likely make settling difficult, but researchers and tourists will be sure to flock nonetheless.

Aurora Planet:

This tidally locked planet orbits a relatively dim, but highly radioactive star. While most planets would be left barren by solar radiation, an unusually powerful magnetic field protects this planet, resulting in a beautiful aura that encompasses most of the planet's sky. Despite occasional sever storms caused by the temperature difference of the dark and light hemispheres, this planet is bound to be a major destination.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 8:44:34 PM
davea wrote:
Great! Please take a look at the google-docs spreadsheet showing the effects of all the existing anomalies, and suggest what effects your new ones could have. If they have numerically the same effects as another, they may not be as interesting.

http://goo.gl/Wq3vt

Thread here:

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/15578-anomaly-codes-and-effect-list

I think I accidentally moved something... oh god how did this get in here I am not good with googledocs
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment