Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Improved ship explosions

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 8:22:45 PM
After playing through about 15 hours of ES I found the space battles a little lacking in my own opinion. The main thing I would like to know is what is happening to these ships when they are destroyed? All ships simply glow bright then vanish. I would find it much more satisfying to see ships break apart once destroyed even if it was only certian factions. I mean it makes sense that a Sophon ship might collapse on itself but the UE's ships look like they should just explode to pieces. I don't know if this is the effect of to many space operas or what. But in the end I just wanted to voice my opinion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 9:11:19 PM
Some better sound effects would be nice too. Either "space is silent" and you should have ambience, your admiral shouting and the sounds of your engines roaring and guns/missiles loading / beams pulsing, and perhaps the occaisional Babylon 5 sound effects, which they did rather better. Of course, this is a SOUND gripe more, I guess.

On the graphics - I do agree, I think it is likely that they dev's just have not finished all the graphics. The camera is also being redone from what I understand.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 10:44:10 PM
Yes the sounds a bit meager in some places. And I am very glad to here that the camera angles are being changed. I really did not like missing the action just staring at a ship hull.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment