Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Strategic Weapons (Planet killer)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 12:40:28 AM
So i had the idea of introducing Long range FTL one use weapons of mass destruction reministant of modern day ICBMs and the fear they present in a hotly contested game.

Now im not suggesting some type of planet destrying weapons or really a colony destroying weapon, but one that will devistae ones planets economy and threaten their empire.

I think that it shouldent be able to attack enemy fleets (Leaving the option of retaliation) and should only be able to be deployed from systems and possibly dreadnaughts for travel along the cosmic strings.

Now would thes be a good edition to prevent stalemates or would it end up being a nuke fest where players end up forgoing conventional warfair in favor of a stratigy of MAD.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 1:22:42 AM
Not sure if the idea is good. While I understand the basic points you suggest there it sounds hard to fit into the game while offering relatively shallow additions to the gameplay. I also don't see it preventing stalemates, because as you said, a nuke fest, and actually a nuke fest stalemate would be the more likely outcome.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 1:25:09 AM
So do you see this fitting at all?

In reallity it kinda like the nukes from Civ. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:36:20 AM
Hm, as said I'm still pondering, I suppose some other opinions would be more valuable than me looking back and forth between cons and pros so far :rolleyes:

I'll report back when I have a final opinion or a few ideas.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:46:45 AM
I don't see it messing with the game right now. There are no free moving units aside from the fleets. Not to mention, there is currently no form of damage to the enemy systems. Perhaps if a change was made to ground combat where you had two choices for invasion, these types of weapons would be orbital battery invasion modules, and would result in a quicker system takeover at the risk of destroying infrastructure and possibly individual planetary colonies in the system (but not planets). But a free moving weapon like the nukes in the civ games are a bit out of character.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment