Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite Suggestion] Way points, instant happiness and titles

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:00:07 PM
I had two thoughts last night:

There has to be some sort of way points. If we are going to have long protracted wars, we would need some way to tell planets to send ships to this staging area. That is without manual input. It looks like the game, so far, is trying to reduce the micromanaging (which imo is a good thing), so I think way points would be a good thing. maybe make the ships still attackable etc. but also allow them to move to the staging area 1 move after you make them.

Why not create a way to get instant happiness. Ie: spend X amount of dust per population of system, degrading X% per turn.

This could be wrote in as a celebration, buying the system 1 luxeries or gifts etc.

Titles. To make the game more immersive I would think that the pop ups. Spoken words etc. should give the person a title.

ex: ue is a monarchy, so it would be my leige etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 5:20:13 PM
1. yeah i think rally points are really needed.

2. dunno about this.

3. this could be cool. "your highness vitunsuopaska, our empire is under attack!"
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 5:43:45 PM
1.) This would really be helpful. There have been a few times where wars started going really bad for me, because I forgot to send my reinforcements from their factories to my fleets. It's be nice to just que a lot of ships, set a way point, and let the game handle getting them there.

2.) I'm not too sure about this one either. I suppose they could do it, but, I've never had much of a happiness issue. I think things work just fine the way they are now.

3.) This I really like. I suddenly forget a game I played that did something similar, but yeah, instead of the simple pop-ups, maybe an adviser's portrait (similar to the ones in the Total War games), and the information is written as if he were addressing an emperor, or a president, or a council, etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 5:51:45 PM
I have never really had a problem with hapiness either. But there always seems to be one or 2 worlds that are low, maybe cause I JUST conquered them. I thought it would be a way to help those worlds in that type of situation.

FinalStrigon wrote:
1.) This would really be helpful. There have been a few times where wars started going really bad for me, because I forgot to send my reinforcements from their factories to my fleets. It's be nice to just que a lot of ships, set a way point, and let the game handle getting them there.

2.) I'm not too sure about this one either. I suppose they could do it, but, I've never had much of a happiness issue. I think things work just fine the way they are now.

3.) This I really like. I suddenly forget a game I played that did something similar, but yeah, instead of the simple pop-ups, maybe an adviser's portrait (similar to the ones in the Total War games), and the information is written as if he were addressing an emperor, or a president, or a council, etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:02:41 PM
Slar wrote:
I have never really had a problem with hapiness either. But there always seems to be one or 2 worlds that are low, maybe cause I JUST conquered them. I thought it would be a way to help those worlds in that type of situation.

Eh, maybe, that I think that would be a bit unrealistic. After all, like you said, you just conquered the system. I don't imagine it is realistic to be able to but happiness like that. But I could be wrong, I've never really studied or looked into post-warfare stuff.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:38:35 PM
I would really enjoy the ability to make a production chain that said something like "when complete, join fleet XYZ, if they're full, stay in whatever system they're in". Or "go to system XYZ and post on guard, join whatever fleet has open spots there". Just things to make management even more user friendly.

Having to build, then go to the planet view and create fleets, can get annoying late-game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 7:52:04 PM
all depends on how you approach it. for example, I heard most people were happy when they were conquered by alexander the great. Mainly because he embraced their culture and were less oppressive than the existing system.

Though if you like oppression, more power to yah :P

The idea I was thinking of is like a special gift to a populace. Like say a celebraction, or a gift from a new benevolent ruler. I may be thinking it wrong, but it was an idea.

FinalStrigon wrote:
Eh, maybe, that I think that would be a bit unrealistic. After all, like you said, you just conquered the system. I don't imagine it is realistic to be able to but happiness like that. But I could be wrong, I've never really studied or looked into post-warfare stuff.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment