Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Kinetic AOE Weapon

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 12:19:19 AM
I got an idea to implement kinetic AOE weapon as a last ditch effort for Larger ships when faced with al--m-ost certain defeat to seriously damage ships that go in to close for the ..... kill?

P.S. I used this tactic on STO with my BOP in PVP so it is effective(before all the nerfs)...to an extent (with the appropriate stats)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 12:30:30 AM
Wouldn't be as useful as you might think. With no atmosphere to conduct a shockwave, the "AOE" is limited to the size of the explosion. And flying debris.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 12:33:51 AM
Sleel wrote:
Wouldn't be as useful as you might think. With no atmosphere to conduct a shockwave, the "AOE" is limited to the size of the explosion. And flying debris.

well if no AoE cannons then what about kamikaze ships, big ships loaded up with explosives that just want to collide with enemy fleet and BOOM! that would be cool.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 12:51:16 AM
VitunSuoPaska wrote:
well if no AoE cannons then what about kamikaze ships, big ships loaded up with explosives that just want to collide with enemy fleet and BOOM! that would be cool.

They are called torpedos dude.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 12:59:55 AM
Well I see what Vitun is saying. If Say your going against a dreadnought in a cruiser or battleship and your both about to die. The dreadnought obviously is is stronger so instead of going for a total loss there should be a battle objective for a fleet with a hero to collide your remaining ships with the enemies. It would be as a last ditch effort type of strategy but other than that completely useless. To make it fair there should be a chance for the ship to move out of the way too instead of it being a guaranteed hit along with damage based on ship size and appropriateness. After all I'm not going to crash my dread into a scout.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 1:12:10 AM
HorusLupercal wrote:
Well I see what Vitun is saying. If Say your going against a dreadnought in a cruiser or battleship and your both about to die. The dreadnought obviously is is stronger so instead of going for a total loss there should be a battle objective for a fleet with a hero to collide your remaining ships with the enemies. It would be as a last ditch effort type of strategy but other than that completely useless. To make it fair there should be a chance for the ship to move out of the way too instead of it being a guaranteed hit along with damage based on ship size and appropriateness. After all I'm not going to crash my dread into a scout.

Yeah that sounds good.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment