Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] No happiness mali for racial planets

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 10:56:41 PM
Just a thought.... But why when I play the Cravers do I get a negitive happyness when I colonize Arid planets. Arn't they the type Cravers prefer. Should put a change in that regard to all races. No Negitive happieness for prefered planet type.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 11:46:02 PM
If you ask me, the Cravers should have a happiness bonus of +5 on Jungle worlds due to the fact that the planet is literally covered in a thick shell of harvestable biomass. I also think that Jungle worlds in their possession should autoterraform to something else after a few turns. Terran if the player is lucky, Arid if they're unlucky. Make it a random event that occurs 15-30 turns after a Jungle world is settled (or created via terraforming).

The reason they dislike Arid worlds as much as every faction does is because there isn't enough food on an Arid world. Indeed, the presence of the Cravers is probably why their homeworld IS an arid world.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 11:53:51 PM
Hellrour wrote:
Just a thought.... But why when I play the Cravers do I get a negitive happyness when I colonize Arid planets. Arn't they the type Cravers prefer. Should put a change in that regard to all races. No Negitive happieness for prefered planet type.

i kind of agree with this one, or at least in my opinion a race should get some bonus for their natural environment planets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 11:55:23 PM
While I do agree that different factions should have different bonuses on differnet types of planets, I'm sure the cravers are right the way they are. They focus on just eating stuff and for that an arid planet simply isn't the best choice, and the planets seen as commonly most habitable simply have more food, making Cravers happy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 12:00:44 AM
I would argue that every faction should have a happiness bonus on some planet type. It shouldn't necessarily be their native one. The happiness boost for Sophons should be Ocean or even Tundra, though they start on Terran worlds. The happiness boost for Cravers should be Jungle, even though they start on Arid worlds. The Dust-fixated United Empire also starts on Terran, and yet I think their happiness boost should be on Arid worlds.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 3:26:07 AM
The more racial differentiation we can get within a balanced framework, the better!

I'd love for there to be some strategic value above and beyond the normal planet pluses and minuses. It would add another resource to fight over, or broker trades about.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 5:18:59 AM
I agree with making certain races have different bonuses based on planet types.

I also like the idea of each race starting with the same type of home planet named the same. To add some lore to the game.

Like have UE's also start with a planet called (Earth, or whatever their homeworld is supposed to be, etc.).
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment