Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Pre selected combat cards/cards used in auto battle

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:40:07 AM
I would really like to see some way of pre-selecting your cards before entering battle. Perhaps having a few slots beneath the "Auto" and "Manual" buttons where you can have your 3 cards already chosen in a template, and you simply select the one you want to use for this battle.

Later in the game it's not just a few fleets facing each other, it's usually 50+ on each side. And in most cases, the same cards are selected each time because my weapon mix hasn't changed and neither has my opponent's. Also I usually miss the entrance of the other fleet because i'm clicking my cards. It's really cool to have the cinematic but if i'm busy selecting cards then I am not watching the show.

Tied to this, but of even more concern, is that I believe that cards should be able to be used in the auto complete battles. While I do like watching the battles, I don't feel it's a good idea to force the player to watch them if they want 100% out of their ships. Considering that even if it's a very one sided battle, each one can take a little less than 1 minute, this means in end game wars it takes a very very long time to complete a turn.

There are some who would probably feel that it's a trade off. You can sacrifice some of your ships to make the game go faster. And while I may think that is a okay in some regards, the current implementation is way too far to either side. Either 50+ fights can take 2 minutes, or it takes almost an hour.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:56:25 AM
Welcome. There are many threads where a similar idea is suggested. You may find it worthwhile to look into the suggestions thread, linked in my sig. I agree this is a big problem, because I personally hate to use tactical on each battle. In fact, it appears that today, the player AI which auto-resolves tactical battles chooses *no* cards. This is awful. Even if it selected a card at random, avoiding cards with a dust cost, this would be better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 4:27:15 AM
Yea, I saw the thread at the top and looked through what was already mentioned, but I couldn't find any threads specifically dealing with the cards and the pre-selection. Went through a few of the pages of the forum and couldn't find any threads about it.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment