Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Unique Ship Design Editor

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:30:36 AM
Having played a lot of 4x space strategy games, there are things here and there that I love about them. One thing I noticed that was missing in this game which I loved about Galactic Civilizations is a ship design editor to change the visual looks of the ships. Basically in that game, you had your basic template of what the ship class looked like and from there you could connect visual elements to the ship to give it a different look in battle. These ship parts would connect at junction points which each part had a few so you could design your ships to look like anything.

Attached is a video which shows off someone who used the editor in GalCiv2 to make his ships look like the ships from Star Wars.

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:47:07 AM
A part of me likes the idea, but another part really doesn't want to have to deal with it. I think being able to adjust the colors would be a good start.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 4:32:45 AM
Yeh! I really like that feature of Gal.Civ.II too. The problem for having such a thing in ES. is the time it takes to make ships would be no good for multiplayer. Plus all the extra mesh's and textures that would have to be made along with implementing, would be a lot of work.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 9:09:25 AM
If you make this ingame it would not be good for the turn length.

But if you could make the ships outside the game in an extra editor you could simply use they

in game by selecting them is you have developed all the parts that are used in this design.

This would be a big change to the game, because you would have new techs ingame with

wich you get acces to parts wich i think must be different for each race.
0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment