Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Extra auto-build option: Enhance

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 2:09:33 PM
Ok, so, I noticed that when you tell the AI to focus in one type of production that it tends to build exploitations on planets that don't always benefit from them, at all. example, farms on a barren planet. While it does give the base boost, it doesn't build on what that planet already provides(dust). I suggest an AI option that builds things that enhance what each planet already produces. so that you produce those resources in abundance.

Tech parks on tundra planets and manufacturing plants on lava planets, in the same system.

This is the only reason I don't tend to use AI, hence the suggested addition.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 2:58:47 PM
Well, I don't believe that is exactly true. A farm on barren still adds +1 food per pop. On terran, it adds an *additional* +2 per pop. If you notice, it says "+1 food per pop; +2 food per pop on Terran". So it is doing what you said, maximizing food.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:47:38 PM
Depending on the system, it may need food in order to grow. And since every improvement costs dust, if you get more dust out of a dust improvement than the cost, that can allow a system to sustain more improvements. That said, I would agree that priority should matter and that if an improvement doesn't really get much benefit at the moment, the AI should reconsider.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 4:11:05 PM
It's adding a tiny bonus compared to a much larger gain if I where to say... build industry on a lava planet instead of farms, or if I build science stations on tundra. but since I sometimes get both planet types in the same system, I am suggesting an AI option that focuses on increasing the bonuses the planet already focuses on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 4:34:23 PM
Oh, so you would direct the AI that whatever the planet type is, build the exploit which has a bonus for that type. As long as that did not "build over" exploits which I had built, that would be fine. In a planet with no terran/jungle/ocean, you need a food exploit first, regardless of what the planet type is. I often find the system AI moves my population around when I don't want, so I would not want it to build over my exploits.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment