Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] system FIDS production priority for AI

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 8:18:24 AM
It would be nice, if you could set prioriy for producing certain FIDS or optimal setting for max population growth + max possible production in one turn (this may be actually a default setting).

This would then select, where the next population point would be assigned (best plante will max on population first etc.).

Its kinda annoying micromanaging population on every system after every turn to get optimal production once you get few systems. Slider or buttons for this would be nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 2:50:05 PM
Well, the system AI buttons are right there in the empire screen. If you look at the rightmost column of the empire screen, which shows the spreadsheet view of all your systems, you will see the column is labeled "AI". If you click the dropdown, you will see you can focus systems on different things.

Some people have reported that the system AI does not work too well; but the feature does exist. Please try it out and see if you can give detailed feedback.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 5:32:43 PM
It'd be nice if I could just click on the system FIDS icons to maximize the system's production of that. Perhaps click on several to emphasize 'best of these areas'. Click on just food and the system will ignore all non-food FIDS values. Click on Food and Industry and the system will tot up all the Food and Industry productivities and allocate people accordingly. Click on Food, Industry, and Science and you'd get it totting up those three, ignoring Dust. The default would be as it currently is: Adding up all the FIDS values and placing people for maximum effect. Still, if I want to de-emphasize Science (this is common), I could turn off the S part of it, and make the system emphasize FID. If I want to emphasize population growth as the maximum concern (this is also common) I'd turn off the IDS and make it all about the F.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 5:44:19 PM
Hm, the idea of selecting headers which are already present in the screen is a good one. Depending on the exact design, this "might be" more obvious that a separate dropdown on a different screen. OTOH, since the empire screen shows all the systems, and the dropdown shows the value which is selected, this seems better for a global overview.

The concept of multiple selection might be nice, but I think that is fairly uncommon. I know I would not use it myself, I have enough trouble remembering which are my science colonies vs production colonies. If I also tried to have colonies that were half and half, I believe my head would explode.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment