Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Zooming into details

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 6:41:01 PM
Like many here, the first thing I noticed about Endless Space was its awesome music. And the second thing I noticed was its slick, responsive interface. I have a small interface request: I would love to be able to zoom into the system and planetary details. If my cursor is over a system, and I'm at the closest zoom level, and I scroll up on my mousewheel, it should transition into the system details screen. Similarly, if the cursor is over a planet in the system details screen, and I scroll up on the mousewheel, it should transition into the planetary details screen. With a few quick scrolls, I should be able to zoom from the furthest galactic view into the details of one of my planets.

I realize that mechanically this is less efficient than left clicking. But it is more fun. smiley: smile

One more thing: there should be an option to lower the brightness of the ambient stars/nebula/whatever in the galaxy view. It can be difficult to tell what is an actual system and what is a graphical effect.

I'm enjoying the alpha and I look forward to future progress!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 4:51:24 AM
Seconded. I suggested much the same (if a bit more wordy) before- it's something you get used to in games like Sins.

Means you don't have to go up to a corner to hit a button, or find the right key on the keyboard. You can just scroll.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 12:03:58 PM
Giaddon wrote:
Like many here, the first thing I noticed about Endless Space was its awesome music. And the second thing I noticed was its slick, responsive interface. I have a small interface request: I would love to be able to zoom into the system and planetary details. If my cursor is over a system, and I'm at the closest zoom level, and I scroll up on my mousewheel, it should transition into the system details screen. Similarly, if the cursor is over a planet in the system details screen, and I scroll up on the mousewheel, it should transition into the planetary details screen. With a few quick scrolls, I should be able to zoom from the furthest galactic view into the details of one of my planets.

I realize that mechanically this is less efficient than left clicking. But it is more fun. smiley: smile

One more thing: there should be an option to lower the brightness of the ambient stars/nebula/whatever in the galaxy view. It can be difficult to tell what is an actual system and what is a graphical effect.

I'm enjoying the alpha and I look forward to future progress!

+1 from me this would be amazing.

+10 if the System is animated with rotating pplanets with moons orbiting them and so on.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment