Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion]Mine field

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 11:27:30 AM
When it comes to working defenses for star systems in 4X games, they are few and far between. I am thinking about creating mine fields in space (like asteroid fields), which react to the enemy trying to pass through by moving towards him and detonating. That may need less research than production capacity though, and probably some depletion/renewal mechancis when it damages/destroys ships and thereby itself.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 11:32:08 AM
Hmm. Perhaps a system defense purchase that does -30% hp on enemy ships in star system could accomplish what your looking for? Currently there are ones to increase hp on your own ships, seems like a good idea to have at least one that does the reverse for say -10 dust maintenance.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 10:37:34 AM
You are right, it should be a system purchase; maybe one from the weapon tree (in iterations following the missiles), and be given a weapon strength analogue to the missiles to determine effect.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 12:16:11 PM
I think it would be working better if it was in the right tree. Maybe followed by the "hyperium"??? Tech.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 1:20:48 PM
I like the idea of system defenses and hope to see them incorporated in the beta phase.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment