Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] trade and financial niceties

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 8:20:38 AM
The game seems to have a good basis for a nice tradingsystem, but I'm not sure by what measure this system will eventually be expanded. So a couple suggestions:

[LIST=1]
  • At the moment only interfaction trade is possible, but without regard to possible lore and other restrictions, it would be very nice to see interstellar trade within your own empire, it would certainly encourage players more to develop their economics.
  • Unfortunately trade is almost fully invisible. The only things that indicate that trade is happening is the pop-up when hovering over the amount of Dust and a little window within a system. It would be far more pleasing and rewarding if trade would somehow show itself on the galaxymap.

• [/LIST]

One of my major questions is the functionality of Dust. It doesn't take long before Dustincome seizes to be a problem and you start hoarding a insane amount of Dust (even on harder levels). It would be nice if some other possibilities were created for the use of Dust. Especially when one is not diplomacy minded.

For example:

[LIST=1]
  • Create a mercenary wharf in your homesystem where vessels can be bought (for staggering prices of course). These ships can be existing models for now (pirate ships and low-tech faction ships?) and could be expanded by new ones in the future.
  • Make pirates bribable. When the battle pop-up shows, give the player the option to buy their way out of battle. It is the pirate way, stand and deliver.

• [/LIST]

Disclaimer: I've spent some time in the fora, but it can be that some of my suggestions may already been mentioned or they are already (partially) in development. I always forget that this only an alpha...
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 22, 2012, 8:23:16 AM
    Cadoras wrote:
    ...It would be far more pleasing and rewarding...

To emphasise: I think most gamers like to see their accomplishments in one overview. I don't know about you guys, but some times one needs to stretch back a bit and observe the empire he whrought.
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 22, 2012, 9:09:57 AM
    Maybe a full new window like techno, system summary or diplomaty to take care about trading. With more option and choices than we have now and a full new strategic part.
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 22, 2012, 6:00:29 PM
    I'd like to see something like the trade system in GalCiv 2.

IE: You build a trade ship in one of your systems with open trade routes, you send the trade ship to a system belonging to a friendly faction with open trade routes, a trade route is established with the revenue being adjusted by the length of the route as well as any other faction/research bonuses that may apply. Other factions can also build trade routes, the routes can be seen on the map, and they can be pirated (and eventually closed down entirely) by hostile factions.
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment