Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Mouse wheel to exit windows

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 7:21:04 PM
It would be super swell, if say for example, I select a planet, and once I'm done managing it, I was able to use the mouse wheel to scroll out of the planet to the parent menu (the system) and then further use the mouse wheel to get to the galaxy. I think this would help streamline the gameplay a bit.

Thanks for listening smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 7:34:43 PM
Maybe I didn't get what you say but I think what you describe is already done with the left click.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 7:46:47 PM
This won't work. Most menus already use the wheel for something. The tech tree uses it to zoom in and out, the system view uses it to scroll through the build queue (actually, I'm not sure if it does; if it doesn't, then it should).

I assume you played Spore before and that's where this is coming from, since you used your mousewheel to enter and exit planets and systems in that game. But it's simply not going to work fluidly with this game, I don't think.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 9:41:04 PM
Zakor wrote:
Maybe I didn't get what you say but I think what you describe is already done with the left click.

Photon_Ventdesdunes wrote:
The left click does it for every windows.

He's not saying there isn't a feature, he just thinks it would be more convenient to scroll the wheel a bit instead of moving his mouse a bit to press the big friendly buttons at the top right (exactly where they are on any windowed program, might I add).

Unless you're playing on mouse sensitivity of 1, you should have no problem hitting the X button. It's big and hard to miss, too, so you don't need to tactfully aim for it; just move your mouse to its general area and you'll get it. If you need to back up through a few menus, there's a big friendly Spore-esque button in the top left that brings you to the galaxy screen.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 9:45:39 PM
Sorry, the right click... My mistake smiley: smile

Instead of clicking the "X" to go out, just right click anywhere and you go out. The same as his scrolling.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 11:45:20 PM
Hey yea I hear ya guys, just thought it would be a neat feature in the game. Was the first thing that came to mind when I loaded up the game lol
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment