Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Ingame encyclopedia

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 5:05:38 AM
Something I believe that's needed badly in this game is an in-game encyclopedia. I started playing about 3-4 days ago and I have quite a few questions while I'm playing and the only way for me to find out is to close the game or alt-tab out of it and come here to the forums. So far I've spent as much time here looking for answers as I have playing the game. An example of what I'm talking about is a Locust point (I still don't know what it is). I'll find out in the next few days what it is when I have time to come here and look. If there was an in-game encyclopedia I wouldn't have to leave the game to find some answers.

Some newer players probably wouldn't come here to look and just get turned off by the game for that reason and stop playing. I'm a long time turn based strategy gamer and I've seen encyclopedia's in other games that where really useful. I've played all the Master of Orion games plus all the Civilization games too and the encyclopedia in those games was really helpful.

Personally I like coming to the forums and looking at input from all the other players but there's probably quite a few that won't ever do it and all that would do is give the game negative feedback from those players.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 5:18:53 AM
On the in game menu is an archives section which is currently locked out it will probably have all that info. IMO, the sooner they open that the better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 7:40:50 AM
Seconded. An encyclopedia should be necessary for 4X games in terms of convenience.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment