Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Endless Game Events

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 4:39:15 PM
What i am thinking is that since the Endless controlled most of the galaxy, they must have left some things behind, some good, some bad.

One event could be that one of your scouts stumbles on an Endless research lab, and discovers a new technology. Another could be that your colonists unfortunately drill into an Endless military base, causing the automated defense drones to kill one population point before they are able to bring them under control. There could also be an event where you discover an Endless ship, which can you either study, which will increase all your ships stats but the ship is destroyed in the process, or you can just add the ship to your navy, letting you control one of the most powerful ships in the game.

This would help add more life to the game and make it so you have incentive to colonize planets that don't seem like a good idea to.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 11:28:01 PM
Here are a few more examples.

Your scientists discover an Endless terraforming machine, allowing for you to change the planet you discovered it on into a Terran one.

You unfortunately settle on an Endless weapons testing sight, and accidentally set of a thermonuclear device, causing the planet you settled on to turn into a barren one.

Your fleet runs across an Endless space station,where they discover a new type of engine, causing all of your ships to get +1 movement.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 10:36:06 AM
+1! This will give more curious game and more marks of Endless

Also missing some more long time events. I always like it on old Master of Orion 2

- star from system X will change to supernova after X cycles. Our scientists work for cure, but we must gather X science points to achieve it (if not – BOOM, and we have system without planets or only empty lavas).

- space time anomaly prevents ships for movement (X turns left)

- Star system X was attacked by strange plague. You got X turns to gather X science points to stop the plague (during plague population growth -X).

- System star/planet X will be hit by comet after X turns. You must gather in system ships with combat value X to shot down comet.

And of course any kind of wandering space monster will be nice. Often this was interesting distraction which could change whole game.

Events which are now implemented are quite nice, but sometimes info about them and influence are not clear for me (I found some event which slower my ships - is it constant or will pass during time?). Info about such lasting events should be in turn summarize.

Additionally I was hit by event with blowing up ships by priests. It will be nice to receive list of causalities (especially ships which was destroyed). I sent colony ship to far star and it disappeared. I found it after few long turns.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 12:39:13 PM
+1 more events are great. It gives the game a better feeling if their is more that you can not control or is even difficult to control.

This makes each round(one game not one turn) more uniqe.

A meteorid that will destroy a planet (asteroid field after this?) after x turns. Something to prevent?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 7:03:45 PM
skynet464 wrote:
What i am thinking is that since the Endless controlled most of the galaxy, they must have left some things behind, some good, some bad.

One event could be that one of your scouts stumbles on an Endless research lab, and discovers a new technology. Another could be that your colonists unfortunately drill into an Endless military base, causing the automated defense drones to kill one population point before they are able to bring them under control. There could also be an event where you discover an Endless ship, which can you either study, which will increase all your ships stats but the ship is destroyed in the process, or you can just add the ship to your navy, letting you control one of the most powerful ships in the game.

This would help add more life to the game and make it so you have incentive to colonize planets that don't seem like a good idea to.

Added to summary list under Game Play > General > Events
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 8:52:17 PM
This reminds me of the supply pods from Alpha Centauri... definitely a really great idea! It makes exploration that much more interesting and rewarding, instead of just finding new stars.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment