Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[SUGGESTION] Display RL time in game

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 7:03:35 AM
Well, after completely losing track of time, I realize that games like this would do well to have some sort of clock in game, so that we don't completely lose our lives inside of it. That said I can't say enough good things about this game!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 7:22:25 AM
If I'm not mistaken: ramming Shift-Tab (Steam-window) displays the real time. But that means exiting active gameplay for a few seconds... So forget it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 7:24:05 AM
Yeah it would be nice to have on the upper right corner or something. I'll probably still say "just one more turn" every time I look at the clock though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 7:46:33 AM
Would also appreciate seeing machine time in the interface somewhere.

Might seem weird but I also miss the ability to set alarms. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:15:13 AM
Basically everything you are suggesting is already here: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11957-an-ingame-clock

In the suggestion thread it is linked as "Player Alarm - Notification how long being playing for and requested to take a break" though.

I personally agree with the idea, just wanted to let you know it's already in the list.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:45:16 AM
I actually prefer the immersiveness, and I hope that if it ever gets implemented, it can be toggled off.

I don't like clocks on my walls, even less in my games.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 12:27:24 PM
Implemented or not, half the civ UI mods add this so id say its safe that its going to make it to this as well
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 3:07:44 PM
I totally agree with the OP, I also too easily loose track of time, and love when games have an in-game clock, which show the real life time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 3:11:09 PM
Suggested already by Zantinar:

Zantinar wrote:
Ever been low on time and thinking "Just one more turn" only to find yourself exiting the game hours after your initially planned?

I've already experienced this in Endless Space. To prevent "forgetting" time I'd love to have a clock ingame to remind me what time it is.

And for now, you'll have to rely to the Steam overlay clock.

Thread closed.
0Send private message
Comment