Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Drones, Weapon platforms and Satellites!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 9:44:18 PM
After playing a few hours of Space Empires 5 this week i have felt the need to suggest the addition of 3 new unit types/weapons/upgrades that could be included!

Drones: Pilotless fighets that can be used from a number of roles, like: Deep space probes, Kamakazi missiles, Bio-weapon carriers, Small and cheap combat units and even possibly supply transports! the list continues!

Weapons platforms: Buildable at systems for use on the surface or even on moons with the goal of adding some defencive weapons against an invading fleet that could be used here as either things to actually be destroyed or as a sort of attrition damage for fleets with less invading power then the system, like scouts or small pirate fleets.

Satellites: Similar in most respects to Weapons platforms, but can be transported to diffrent systems by cargo ships, with goals like: defending or watching un-claimed systems, being put in enemy systems while armed with invasion weapons for a auto-complete system and possibly for a repair and resupply system (If the game includes a range barrier so that a single scout can't explor the enitre sector.

Thanks for your time smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 9:53:30 PM
A reason to use transports other then to colonize would be nice stuff to transport would be nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 9:57:20 PM
stevenmc409 wrote:
A reason to use transports other then to colonize would be nice stuff to transport would be nice.

I think one od the dev's said somthing about being able to move population points to other systems? which would be awesome!

And the whole carriers/fighters thing, a carrier is just a transport for fighters! smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:22:44 PM
I think all these suggestions already showed up in the forum... I don't know where but still smiley: smile

Satellites are original and anyway I like all these kinds of idea. I agree.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:41:06 PM
Dont worry, the Devs are on it and plan to do it 'their' way. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 12:39:59 AM
I thought I saw somewhere that the Devs planed fighters for a possible future expansion if this game dose well.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 3:21:59 PM
I believe you can already move population points between systems using colony ships.

I definitely like the idea of fighters and carriers, glad to hear its planned. Satellites also make sense.

Has someone already suggested deploy able minefields? It would absolutely make sense with a space-lane system, enabling you to mine the entrances to a system. Of course orbital mines around planets would also be useful-
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 5:28:58 PM
Natai wrote:
Has someone already suggested deploy able minefields? It would absolutely make sense with a space-lane system, enabling you to mine the entrances to a system. Of course orbital mines around planets would also be useful-

Yep there is smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment