Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] List of potential colonies

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 3:39:00 PM
I've actually posted this idea in a separate thread with some other ideas but think this warrants a thread of it's own because in my opinion it's something pretty major that's missing from the game, which i've not seen mention of elsewhere.

Simply put there should be a list of discovered systems/planets somewhere so you can easily browse and locate planets you wish to colonise. Possibly also show other faction colonies you know about to help with invasion planning.

Further extending the functionality you could add an 'auto colonise' feature to take some of the tedium out of creating a fleet, finding the target, sending it and selecting a planet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 3:48:08 PM
I'm not sure about the list of potential colonies. In my opinion, the system we have of the dots by a systems name work good enough: "Oh, I just found this system. Three white dots? Awesome!" I don't think it gets much easier than looking at the galaxy map and just seeing where they white dots are.

But I absolutely agree with an "auto-colonize" feature. I'd love to be able to focus elsewhere, knowing the computer is handing the colonization for me. Now, that might be breaking one of the parts of a 4X game, but...I'd still like to see it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 3:56:51 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
I'm not sure about the list of potential colonies. In my opinion, the system we have of the dots by a systems name work good enough: "Oh, I just found this system. Three white dots? Awesome!" I don't think it gets much easier than looking at the galaxy map and just seeing where they white dots are.

True, but when you have 10 unowned systems all with multiple white dots which do you colonise first? A system with 6 white dots might look great on the surface but if the planets are all tiny asteroid belts with negative anomalies then it suddenlt becomes a lot less appealing!

Currently my only way of choosing is to go into each system and look.

I think list showing FIDS, anomalies, size, population, moon would make things a lot easier.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 5:16:27 PM
AtoningUnifex wrote:
True, but when you have 10 unowned systems all with multiple white dots which do you colonise first? A system with 6 white dots might look great on the surface but if the planets are all tiny asteroid belts with negative anomalies then it suddenlt becomes a lot less appealing!

Currently my only way of choosing is to go into each system and look.

I think list showing FIDS, anomalies, size, population, moon would make things a lot easier.

Hmm...Okay, I get your point. I guess this, personally, isn't an issue for me. Because I just keep expanding following the star lines, really. Negative anomalies I know I'll get rid of eventually, and while asteroids are annoying, they eventually turn into pretty solid productions spots for me.

I'm not sure a list would be more helpful, as opposed to a bit of a clutter on the screen, but I'll withdraw and let other people comment.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment