Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Fill Barren Space

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 9:48:45 PM
I know that space is quite 'empty' but there seems to be very few places a person can send his fleets.

I feel as if there should be more places to go like gas clouds, indipendant wormholes and possibly huge anomolys like endless world ships that have been long sence dead and are leaving a gravity well as they rot.

Thank you for your time. smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:24:44 PM
The space is also very cold. The only living places are near the stars. And if You want more star systems, you can increase their number via the settings before a game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:27:22 PM
Well i dont mean more places to colonise, i mean more places to add for the games terrain, becuse going only from system to system seems a little dull, like a game of civlisation where the only places you can move to are citys, or one tile areas for citys. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:31:14 PM
The Civilization system was beautiful.

I think the system you want is something like Star Wars: Empire at War, where you could also claim places like the Maw. I think you're asking for a bit much. You're taking a game about colonizing and dominating and adding sandbox features to it. Stay in the genre.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:34:25 PM
4X games are a kinda sandbox?

and things like nebule and blackholes are in the genre. smiley: confused
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:38:14 PM
Sounds cool to me, not everuy system has to be colonisable... Plus you could throw in some cool dyanamics a la Sins of a Solar Empire, e.g. fighting in ceratin areas such as magnetic clouds = better missile defence or whatever. Perhaps if you end your turn with a fleet in the vicinity of a black hole, you suffer attrition/damage to the ships =)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:03:47 PM
The could be like the natural wonders in Civ, an nebula that grants a bit joy.

In civ the natural wonders gave you a boost for exploring them and for owning them this could be

interesting.

Why not a nebula wich grants an extra antimater(or other) if in you influence?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:09:43 PM
Why not indeed! smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:19:04 PM
Nebulaes, debris fields, dead systems with neutron stars, abandoned Endless space stations, huge asteroid fields? Sounds good to me. Would create some "terrain" and gaps between occupied systems.

Also, these "empty" systems could act as no-man's-land. You could exploit their features with right research, but you can never really own them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 6:24:13 PM
Made a poll for stellar anomalies and the according possibilities of construction, you might consider voting there if you want to see it in the game to reduce the amount of barren space: [Poll] Stellar Anomalies and Construction
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 6:26:32 PM
Already voted good buddy! smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment