Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Wait Time Activity

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 8:02:01 PM
Draco18s wrote:
I'd like it if the turn progress bar/ring was accurate.

That would be nice but ya know what would be better then a codex to read during loading? Shorter load times.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 3:28:23 AM
I like how in Civ, you could look at your city's information and so on, even when the AIs were moving... it made the time feel less... "downtimey". Maybe in Endless Space, during turn times, the game could let us look at our planets and other menus so we could strategize (but not let us modify them until the next turn)?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 11:26:38 PM
That's a great idea. I like it smiley: smile Hopefully this will not be lost somewhere deep down in the forums.

I still really want something else than just staring at the nothingness.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 4:52:18 AM
other cool things could include:

- Space facts and other such things both about the game universe and our own

- Facts and tips about gameplay, so that players know and remember information about different weapon types, ship types and general awesomeness.

- Collected pieces of history from your own faction's gameplay (for instance, cool cut-and-paste history snippets of your own great exploits and the year that you managed to achieve them in)

- Overview of important information to always keep in mind (victory conditions and the progress to them? Location of known enemy fleets?)

Just some suggestions
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 4:51:37 AM
other cool things could include:

- Space facts and other such things both about the game universe and our own

- Facts and tips about gameplay, so that players know and remember information about different weapon types, ship types and general awesomeness.

- Collected pieces of history from your own faction's gameplay (for instance, cool cut-and-paste history snippets of your own great exploits and the year that you managed to achieve them in)

- Overview of important information to always keep in mind (victory conditions and the progress to them? Location of known enemy fleets?)

Just some suggestions
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 1:13:20 AM
Well we'll put it in the hands of the devs. I know they know what they're doing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 11:49:14 PM
Since the wait times get longer and longer while you play is there a small chance we could look at a codex or the races backstory while we wait for our turn to come back to us?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 1:07:03 AM
Suttner wrote:
Hmm it would not really force it on you. One could dunno, disable it in the options or something or just flick it away and do nothing during the loading screen like now.

To be honest pretty much anything would be better that what we have now. It's often way too boring when the waiting gets longer and longer. Ruins part of the game experience and fun for me to be forced to just sit and do nothing at all

You can't flick it away because it's loading. The loading screen can't be interactive, you know?

That's another reason why having some kind of codex image display would be better than an economic analysis; if codex pages were used, then the loading screens would be taken from a form of database, but if they showed economic analyses, they would need to be generated on the spot, creating slowdown.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 1:02:09 AM
Hmm it would not really force it on you. One could dunno, disable it in the options or something or just flick it away and do nothing during the loading screen like now.

To be honest pretty much anything would be better that what we have now. It's often way too boring when the waiting gets longer and longer. Ruins part of the game experience and fun for me to be forced to just sit and do nothing at all
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 12:51:09 AM
Suttner wrote:
Sounds quite good to me. But what about even going further and having that in-game codex like a book or something an being able to fully access it at any time, even during loading. That would probably take some processing resources and won't be easily done, but i think it's a good idea.

On top of that the in depth economical analysis, which you can leave open as long as you want. The loading is just in the background. Also it will get filled and you can access and compare them at a later point.

What do you think?

I like the idea of random pages more. Again, if you have to flip to it yourself, that's bad; it takes time to do, like you said it takes extra processing, and also, you'd probably have to flip to that entry every loading screen. Me not likey.

I would also like if the economic analysis was a notification at the start of the turn instead of a loading screen thing. That also takes processing power, and it also forces it on you, which I don't like. I believe Total War had a system where you got an economic analysis every turn. I would prefer that method.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 12:48:14 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:

Now, here's an idea:

A sort of in-game codex available from the main menu that contains all the lore on the different races, and then on specific ships/upgrades for those races, and also breakdowns of the different kinds of planets and such. And then loading screens would take a random codex page and display it while it loads. Then if you want to read it/access it later, it's in a convenient place for you.

Sounds quite good to me. But what about even going further and having that in-game codex like a book or something an being able to fully access it at any time, even during loading. That would probably take some processing resources and won't be easily done, but i think it's a good idea.

On top of that the in depth economical analysis, which you can leave open as long as you want. The loading is just in the background. Also it will get filled and you can access and compare them at a later point.

What do you think?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 12:03:00 AM
Suttner wrote:
Shouldn't hurt to have some more lore in the game to be honest. And I like the idea of being able to do something else while waiting. Dunno read the latest economical report of the year/turn in detail, find out something about the race when reading something about the history or something. Or anything actually as long as one is able to do something besides just waiting and getting borde.

I don't like the idea of having something long to read, because then I might want to read it in the earlier phases and then I get cut off when the loading is done. Even worse if it's something important gameplay wise (an economic summary of the turn) because you won't have the time to read it.

I want there to be more lore in-game, but I'd rather it not be on the loading screens and nowhere else.

Now, here's an idea:

A sort of in-game codex available from the main menu that contains all the lore on the different races, and then on specific ships/upgrades for those races, and also breakdowns of the different kinds of planets and such. And then loading screens would take a random codex page and display it while it loads. Then if you want to read it/access it later, it's in a convenient place for you.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 12:00:47 AM
umm no. I mean something like Me3 codex where it is interactive tells the backstory of the races involved. The full codex not some random factoid. Yeah Suttner exactly what you said I played for 6 hours last night and I kept minimizing the window to surf the forums and stuff simply cause the wait time was really really boring.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 11:59:58 PM
Shouldn't hurt to have some more lore in the game to be honest. And I like the idea of being able to do something else while waiting. Dunno read the latest economical report of the year/turn in detail, find out something about the race when reading something about the history or something. Or anything actually as long as one is able to do something besides just waiting and getting borde.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 11:57:03 PM
You mean something like a lot of games do where there's some random sentence or lore factoid that pops up while you wait? Because if you want a codex or races backstory go buy a Warhammer 40k codex to keep at your side while you wait.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment