Specific exploitation of those mentioned above
Megaconstruction
Neither
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:38:47 PM
This is a poll for 2 things:

1. This paragraph in the suggestion list: "Major & Minor Alomony - Black holes, Wormholes, Gas nebula, Ion storm, comets, meteors and etc"

2. A thread for something concerning the same I made a while ago: [Suggestion] Stellar Construction

(Please only dig that thread out if you think you have something significant to add)

The questions are these:

1. Do you want stellar anomalies like nebulae, black holes, magnetars, pulsars, etc...

2. Do you think there should be specific advantages to "exploiting" these anomalies with anomaly specific buildings (like unique strategic/luxury resources)(also don't forget these systems are likely not to be colonized)

3. Megaconstruction: Do you think the game would benefit from a few special construction possibilities (like a ring world, this is just an example though, could be something completely else)(it also could be megaconstructions which are occasionally to be found in the galaxy but which can't be reconstructed, this seems to be a very popular idea)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:44:02 PM
Megaconstruction

Do you mean ring world like halo, or as in a ring world that go's around a star?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:47:30 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Megaconstruction

Do you mean ring world like halo, or as in a ring world that go's around a star?

A ring world which goes around a star. As said it is only an example. I want to find out if anyone has better ideas or how the idea is generally seen by the community.

Actually I don't expect a lot of votes for this, I voted for it myself but just barely, there might be a lot of points which would make megaconstruction cool in the game but there are problems as well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:51:19 PM
I would like to build an dyson sphere like in Star Trek.

+1 from me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:51:56 PM
I like the idea of megacontructions but think they would be better as discoverable artifacts rather than things that you build yourself.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 4:54:40 PM
Virus wrote:

+1 from me.

Or build a fleet of dreads?

But while im against being able to build one, finding one to colonise/capture would be super cool.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 5:04:53 PM
AtoningUnifex wrote:
I like the idea of megacontructions but think they would be better as discoverable artifacts rather than things that you build yourself.

Igncom1 wrote:
But while im against being able to build one, finding one to colonise/capture would be super cool.

Yup, cool idea, I'll add it as example to the front post.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 5:08:17 PM
Stellar Anomalies? Yes please.

Exploration/Exploitation of Stellar Anomalies? Yes please.

Megaconstruction by players? No thanks. But as a very rare form of stellar or planetary anomaly? Yes please.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 5:42:20 PM
Igncom1 wrote:

As in Ringworld

Virus wrote:

+1 from me.

A ring world is a dyson sphere, it's just not a complete sphere. It's a Dyson Ring.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 5:55:50 PM
I voted for the first one simply because, well...Who doesn't want their ultimate stronghold to be in the galaxy's core, just before the event horizon of a supermassive black hole, daring anyone stupid enough to take you on to come and get you? (Yes, I absolutely stole this thought from Mass Effect 2)

Second, well...If we have these space anomalies, why not exploit them? It's what we do, after all.

And third simply because, eh, why not? Although discovering megaconstructions of the Endless, as opposed to building our own, I think would be more interesting.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 7:48:05 PM
Would really like to see Anomalies (and the exploration/exploitation thereof) in the game. Would make systems more varied and interesting.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 9:47:14 PM
I like the idea of being able to build superstructures like dyson spheres, ring-worlds, space stations, etc. Stellar anomalies would be cool too though. They would certainly make the maps more unique and add a more strategic element to them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 10:33:45 PM
Depends on the megaconstruction but I think some of them could be fun one I was thinking about is World City (like Coruscant) this is kinda in the game already with the Sustainable Supercities tech. where you can turn your homeworld into a massive city plant with a massive population and increase Dust, Science and Industry but a significant food penalty and large upkeep.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 11:22:47 PM
stevenmc409 wrote:
Depends on the megaconstruction but I think some of them could be fun one I was thinking about is World City (like Coruscant) this is kinda in the game already with the Sustainable Supercities tech. where you can turn your homeworld into a massive city plant with a massive population and increase Dust, Science and Industry but a significant food penalty and large upkeep.

I also like the idea of a world spanning City.... Coruscant is a popular example (i still favor the much older Trantor from Isaac Asimov). The Food penalty would be the biggest downside to this idea, since there is no trade of Food from other Systems. Only way to achieve this, would be to have the Food production in system, which kinda limits the idea of Coruscant/Trantor, since you can't change your Capital System in this game (yet). In both Universes the Planet was also the Capital of a much bigger Galactic Empire.

Anyway, a few Megaconstructions wouldn't hurt too, i'll go with the above examples of Ringworlds like the one in Halo or the much bigger Dysonssphere. A artificial Planet would be cool too. Could be build by Players or more like Special Event Stuff (remains of a Endless project). Stellar Anomalys sound good too, maybe even altering the combat around those systems (disrupting the use of one or more weapon types, rendering them less usefull). SoaSE had Plasma Fields, Asteroid Fields and other stuff.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 11:25:16 PM
Calico wrote:
Ringworlds like the one in Halo

Its just a big fancy spacestation....not really a ringworld....smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment