Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Racial Battle Actions

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 4:21:58 PM
There have been a few threads about diversifying racial gameplay, I think a good way to handle that would be providing every race with either a starting or very early tech Battle Action. Something that would encourage specific ship designs and cost dust:

• enhanced kinetic accuracy for the Horatio(to allow them to be more effective at longer ranges)
  • Beam damage reflect for Sophons
  • massive +% armor for United Empire(that costs a similarly massive amount of dust)
  • self cannibalize, fleet damage in exchange for firepower for Cravers
  • etc...

I think further brainstorming could come up with better options but its a start.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 9:59:54 PM
Additional ideas:

• +(5?)% absorb/intercept per ship present to all ships in fleet for Horatio
  • gain dust per CP destroyed in combat this round for Sowers
  • counter battle action of enemy, -% friendly damage for Amoeba
  • extra +5% damage(hissho affinity) stack if you win combat this round for Hissho

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 11:30:45 PM
A battle card for each race would be a good idea and make them fight noticeably different from each other. Just have to be careful with the balance.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 12:25:52 AM
I like this concept a lot.

I myself am not sure what to have the cards do. Balance is important. But at the same time I don't want them to be bland, or so weak as to not be worth using.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 9:23:20 PM
werewolf_nr wrote:
A battle card for each race would be a good idea and make them fight noticeably different from each other. Just have to be careful with the balance.

That is I guess part of the point, it would be another thing to balance the races on that has a direct effect on player actions. Currently most of the racial modifiers are oriented around changing how players get resources and not how they use those resources.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 9:40:57 PM
I like this overall idea. I can get behind it.

Kareal wrote:
self cannibalize, fleet damage in exchange for firepower for Cravers

Personally, I'd call it "Ouroborus". Same concept, fancier name. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:24:43 PM
I suggested the other day on a different thread that it would be cool if the Hissho had the ability to ram enemy ships in space battles.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment