Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Enhanced UI and management options

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 4:25:39 PM
Hello. am enjoying the game - looking forward to bug fixes / improvements.

no grand game-changing ideas here, just ones to fix annoyances/tedious tasks and lessen the micromanagement in the mid/late game.

system view

- respec all planet exploitations

queues up system-wide exploitations with one click.

idea for UI implementation - 4 small FIDS colour-coded clickable boxes under the system name / system FIDS in the top left.

info popup over these boxes shows predicted system FIDS values (for current pop/approval/taxrate/etc)

- survey all moons

adds all unexplored moon surveys to queue

idea for UI implementation - small menu underneath the suggestion above or under the 'population box' (popup info can show completed surveys/found wonders).

*the above 2 ideas could be unlocked through research, tagged on to an existing tech.

- quicksave production chain

saves the current queue order of improvement/ship (ignoring system specific exploit/colonize/moon) for loading into other systems.

UI implementation - a button in the queue menu creates an icon sent to first slot in development menu.

when loaded into a system queue it automatically removes already built improvements from the chain, and allows existing system-specific items in queue to finish first.

icon info shows the chain and build times.

empire view

- planet list sort by categories retain last view

on exit/enter the list always resets to order of system colonization. it should default to whatever last set to (i.e population) or have a menu box to lock view.

ship design view

- before and after comparison when modifying ship design

using the small info box for ship icon with detailed attack/defense/statistics that you see in galaxy and fleet view - have 2 of these boxes on the ship design screen showing comparison between existing and modified design.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 4:26:51 PM
I think a lot of this has been talked about before, but these are good ideas and I would love to see most of them in the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 4:34:51 PM
Please see the suggestion thread linked in my sig for information about *where* they have been talked about before.

@ Arrow, my assumption is that if a player posts like this, it is because they already missed locating the suggestion thread. So it is worthwhile to link to it. I have it in my sig so it is always there. Of course YMMV.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 4:45:15 PM
davea wrote:
Please see the suggestion thread linked in my sig for informatino about *where* they have been talked about before.

@ Arrow, my assumption is that if a player posts like this, it is because they already missed locating the suggestion thread. So it is worthwhile to link to it. I have it in my sig so it is always there. Of course YMMV.
It may be worthwhile to link to it, but I chose not to. I was simply letting the user know that his ideas were not outlandish and there were some common ideas on them already.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 4:50:05 PM
Your choice. But if I were a new poster and the entire reply was, "yes, we already discussed that", I might be somewhat discouraged.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 4:57:13 PM
davea wrote:
Your choice. But if I were a new poster and the entire reply was, "yes, we already discussed that", I might be somewhat discouraged.
That wasn't the entirety of my post. I gave feedback. However you didn't give feedback, you simply pointed at your signature.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 5:01:42 PM
@arrowlance, thanks for replying.

@davea, I checked the summary thread prior to making this. while there are a few things that overlap there's original content there as well. I have been playing the alpha for a week but only just signed up to the forum so had time to think about these suggestions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 5:42:25 PM
ArrowLance wrote:
I think a lot of this has been talked about before, but these are good ideas and I would love to see most of them in the game.

I don't see any specific feedback here.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 7:31:20 PM
edited the post to remove a few things that were already addressed.

jetkar asked me to elaborate more as to why these features would be useful :

currently this is a hassle to do on multiple systems, 100s of clicks and switching screens for something that should be a 1-click task.

example 1 : mid/late game i want to research some techs asap, and then build a fleet. i want to set my 10 highest pop systems all to science exploit for research, and after switch all to industry exploit for building.

example 2 : set system-wide exploits to dust to speed up economic victory.

should be able to do this from the system view, and the empire view.

- survey all moons in system again should be 1-click, as it is now its tedious work that lessens my enjoyment of the game, the current mechanic is fine in early game, but not later on when you have 20+ systems with 30+ moons.

- empire view saves planet list order - another annoyance which should be a simple fix.

of lesser importance :

- quicksave production chain - this would be very useful and i do not see it in the summary list.

- before and after comparison when modifying ship design would be useful, again not in the summary list.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 8:31:29 PM
For #1, this is also one of my biggest requests. The method which I have seen proposed is actually to remove the ind->sci and ind->dust items altogether. Instead, all overproduction or production from systems with an empty queue goes into a single bucket. Then, a single slider in the empire management screen controls allocation of this overproduction by percentage, into either research or dust. This eliminates a *huge* amount of tedious button-clicking.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 7:07:30 AM
MC8192 wrote:
edited the post to remove a few things that were already addressed.

jetkar asked me to elaborate more as to why these features would be useful :

currently this is a hassle to do on multiple systems, 100s of clicks and switching screens for something that should be a 1-click task.

example 1 : mid/late game i want to research some techs asap, and then build a fleet. i want to set my 10 highest pop systems all to science exploit for research, and after switch all to industry exploit for building.

example 2 : set system-wide exploits to dust to speed up economic victory.

should be able to do this from the system view, and the empire view.

- survey all moons in system again should be 1-click, as it is now its tedious work that lessens my enjoyment of the game, the current mechanic is fine in early game, but not later on when you have 20+ systems with 30+ moons.

- empire view saves planet list order - another annoyance which should be a simple fix.

of lesser importance :

- quicksave production chain - this would be very useful and i do not see it in the summary list.

- before and after comparison when modifying ship design would be useful, again not in the summary list.

All your suggestions have been added to the summary list under Interfaces > UI - Empire wide Reseach/ Production Enchancer, UI - Survey all Moons, Saveable Planet List, Ship Design Comparison and Saveable Proudction chain
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 5:31:27 PM
MC8192 wrote:

(..)

of lesser importance :

(..)

I second these three suggestions! Btw, they are already in the order I would set the priorities :-)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment