Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ground Combat

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 4:55:41 AM
I'm a little new to the ES forums, so I'm a little nervous about this. I know I'm probably not the only one giving out ideas about ground combat, but I feel that I should share this. smiley: smile

So, if ground combat were implemented, I was thinking it could be a tile based board. An example could be bringing a transport ship filled with ground troops to a enemy system and the thing gos into a very small cutscene, then going to something called a "command board". You set up troops on certain tiles, and some tiles have terrain/cover. The cover tiles could be used for infantry units and maybe hills or mountains can be used for sniper units or mobile artillery. Tech for these units could also be upgraded by, you know, discovering technology. Perhaps being able to outfit the units at well.

The Pros would be a challenging way to take over enemy worlds, and in my opinion, a fun way.

The cons would be that it might take forever, depending on the enemy force or the player's patience with these types of things.

Any thoughts?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 6:59:34 AM
If this game were to incorporate ground combat, I'd prefer it remain consistent with the current combat system and rely on tactic cards. Having a completely different system for ground attacks would probably throw people off, especially if they don't plan on invading and/or suddenly get invaded themselves.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 8:08:16 AM
Kimarous wrote:
If this game were to incorporate ground combat, I'd prefer it remain consistent with the current combat system and rely on tactic cards. Having a completely different system for ground attacks would probably throw people off, especially if they don't plan on invading and/or suddenly get invaded themselves.

I agree.

I would like to see the existing planet view used for ground combat somehow. The planets are beautiful and they look great.

Like most people I was not a fan of how moo3 had a moving balance of power line. Whatever ground combat becomes I hope it has more interaction than 'click once to invade'.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 6:10:32 PM
Kimarous wrote:

You're right. Still, it would be interesting to see any kind of ground combat regardless of the execution.

Another fun thing to have ( And would effect ground battles) is pollution from industry exploits. That's my opinion, anyway.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment