Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Unique ships (Death star size)

No, I think it would be too inbalanced
I don't really care, I just like to vote on things
Yes, but only one per race.
Yes, but a small number per race
Hell yes, you can't have enough super capital ships
I want a death star goddammit!
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 9:32:17 PM
I'd just like to start by saying that I am incredibly impressed with the game and particularly with how development is being handled.

With that said, I have an idea I'd like to put forward. Specifically, it's having unique supercapital ships. I don't mean hero vessels in the same vein as Sins of a Solar Empire, but rather have the ability to build Super-capital ships which have a finite number per empire; ie, you can only have a few of them and they should be uniquely named and considered a singular design in and of themselves.

I think I ought to clarify. This isn't about just having one more ship. it's more that I think that everyone loves the idea of having a particular named ship in your empire, such as the Executioner Super Star Destroyer. It can bring a lot of character to things and makes battles seem much more important and memorable, at least in my opinion.

I hope this is something the developers could put in at a later stage, and I have to be honest, it's the kind of thing I'd be happy to have as DLC but would love to see be a core feature. It's just something I feel is missing from a lot of space strategy games.

Thank you everybody for listening,

Ashua.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 10:24:25 PM
Yea I think it would be a logical addition to this great game. They would have to have a high CP value though.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 10:43:23 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Its not that i think it would be unbalanced, its more that the role of the huge ships like the dreadnaught should fill this rule, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomeButImpractical.

Yea it would definitely need to be like that. I would think the ship would be more of a statement of power and capability than practical. It would sort of be a message to the rest of the factions that you are a serious contender for supremacy. Also it must be able to hold it's own against large numbers of enemy ships.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 11:51:32 PM
I think that's a great idea. It would be so cool.

Also if one could have this option in the main menu and have a "ship builder" or something were one can create and save/edit the ship, that would be great. Could end up with like another 3-4 hours of gameplay or even more.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 10:27:50 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Its not that i think it would be unbalanced, its more that the role of the huge ships like the dreadnaught should fill this rule, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomeButImpractical.

I agree with you, Igncom1.

The dreadnaught class is there to impress and terrify your opponents.

But if you insist on adding a super-awesome-dreadful-class, what about a orbital station ? ("Who wished a Death Star for Christmas ?")

Impossibly huge, this death star would be atrociously expensive in build AND upkeep cost, would have a 10(-ish) CP and would move very very very slowly. (even with motor modules).

That would be the kind of ship posted in your home system, the ultimate defense, that you never use (except if your loosing smiley: stickouttongue).

But that's not a feature needed for the core game, there is much more important things to do. Maybe some late DLC.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment