Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Planetary AI Build order

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 12:31:49 AM
Planetary Governor AI's really stink. And planet AI really isn't that complicated, for the most part. This is also the #1 way to cut down on turn speed for when the game goes online.

So can we get a custom AI setup somewhere? The exploitation would have to be manual or a separate type of queue.

I also think that default AI setups would be a good Games2Gether vote, instead of just art.

I'd really like to see them good enough to force online players (with an optional 'faster game' setting) to use them on most planets except for maybe hero planets, but I don't know how to work ship construction into that.

I'd also like to see a lockout menu of some kind with them, because there's certain things that I just don't want any AI to build on certain planets. For example, Endothermic Structures is worthless if you don't have any tiny or small planets. I don't know why it even shows up in the choices.

There's a listing on: http://endlessspace.wikia.com/wiki/Improvements

Personally, I go straight for production improvements, unless a planet really needs food. Usually dust last, I tend to get enough from exploitation. I'd have to nail the order down better though. There's still lots of wild cards, such as defense and population.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 4:20:25 PM
My recommendation is to focus on improving the planetary AI's. If you feel they stink, can you outline what are the problems, or what "should" the AI do? I agree it does not "seem" that hard, so it should not be that hard to list out the desired behavior.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment