logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Campaign mode- universe domination

All of it.
Sandbox campaign.
Discoverable races.
Anti/dark matter galaxies.
Empire bonuses on galaxies.
Universe age.
Galaxies controlled bonus on starting systems.
Alternate universes and/ or dimensions.
Local races controlling galaxy sections/constellations.
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 3:38:52 PM
Hi,

Just an idea, but I think that a campaign option would be a great addition to the game. You choose a race to start off with, and battle for galaxy domination. After you have taken this galaxy, you move to the next, as you get more power hungry, you keep battling the native inhabitants of the galaxies you come across in order to expand your empire.

Optional additions are :

these native inhabitants can be one or more of the races you can choose to be, or you can have different races that you come across, possibly unlocking them for multiplayer or free play modes.

The galaxies you control give your empire bonuses, and these bonuses may or may not be controlled by the galaxies original inhabitants.

The galaxies you control may be assaulted by other factions from their neighboring galaxies, the more galaxies you have around the one being assaulted the more chance you have of taking that galaxy, or, if a galaxy is neutral, all factions with a neighboring galaxy start with that corresponding number of systems within that galaxy when the game begins, in addition to there being possible non-playable factions controlling part(s) of the galaxy.

Have an option before you start the campaign to choose what type of universe you want, possibly adding an age factor, favoring types of galaxies, distances between galaxies, the size of the galaxies, and my favorite, the number of galaxies, whether you want 10, 20 or an endless sandbox of universes that just continues to expand, going on forever in a truly endless quest for domination of the universe. Hell, you could add anti-matter galaxies, dark matter galaxies, alternate universes, black hole-white hole transportation theories, nebulae, red shift, galaxy collision, possibilities are almost ENDLESS.

Feel free to add opinions in comments, let me know what you think!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 10:34:17 PM
Moved to the proposals
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 10:37:22 PM
Is there a box for no?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 11:58:04 PM
It is an interesting idea.

I like the idea of sandboxing with starting over in each galaxy.

To clarify your idea is to conquer a galaxy and when you done with you select a few space ships and pass through some portal or travel for a few generations to an other galaxy were you start fresh (with some improvements of course) against new challenges (galaxy almost fully occupied, barren galaxy, …). I would love to see this with Cravers !

You talk about discovering other factions, it could be a way to discover races created by other players or from the DLC (a little like in the game Spore).

This discovered race could be picked among DLC or mods you downloaded, or among content you doesn't always own. It could be a way to advertising: "You fought [thisfaction] and it fought well. Now, download [thisDLC] and become [thisfaction].

An other way to approach the campaign aspect could be the scripted campaign. In this case you have pre-determined/slightly random galaxies with specific objectives depending of your faction (Like: "I must find the Endless !!" or "I should discover every pieces of Endless tech in this galaxy!").

However I don't agree with this point:

possibly unlocking them for multiplayer or free play modes

I don't like the idea of limiting the player experience unless he complete the campaign.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 29, 2012, 12:17:20 AM
I like most of this idea but I agree with Gyomb, I don't like the idea of limiting the player because he didn't play the campaign.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment