Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Small UI suggestions

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 9:32:51 AM
I feel a bit like a spoiled brat for wanting more UI streamlining from a game that already has such a great UI, but nevertheless, here are a few small suggestions that occured to me in my first playthrough:

A "Rally" command to create fleets from all ships currently in hangars in all systems and send them all to a single system. Something more fine-grained, like setting production waypoint for particular systems might be even better, but not necessarily worth the added complexity.

In the "Fleets orbiting X" panel, allow me to directly rename the currently selected fleet and/or open it in fleet manager

Simplify planetary exploitation tooltip - for instance highlight only the bonuses aplicable to the current planet type, like this

Empire manager: make it remember the last used sorting and scroll position - when I inspect a system and then return to the manager the sorting and scroll position are lost.

System view: Better overview of planetary improvements - would be nice to see at glance the exploitations in system (something color-coded, rather than the full names), and some indication of unexplored moons and terraforming options. A random draft to get my point across:

Hopefully I'm not the only one who would find these things useful. In any case, the fact that all I feel like bickering about are minor UI tweaks speaks volumes of how well this game already plays smiley: smile.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 10:02:22 AM
I agree. And I would like to emphasise the need for a clearer overview of planetary improvement. At the moment too much information is being shown in a tiny window. There are two good reasons for possible adjustment:

1. A player has to perform to many actions to obtain a relatively small piece of management information. Especially with longstrung games the effect on micromanagement becomes tiresome.

2. It would be certainly rewarding to see certain exploitations and discoveries in systemview, rather than planetview. I would suggest a very basic overview in systemview, more elaborate in planetview.

At first and second glance I very much approve of your graphical suggestions. Simple and elegant.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment