Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Repair Mechanics: A basic guide and general discussion.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 7:20:34 AM
XercesBlue wrote:
Be aware that the Sophon have some unique repair modules that are quite good and work in any territory.

No they don't. They just get to research that tech a bit early.

It is also only one tech.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 1:27:00 PM
Adaptive glue on the science wing (East). There are also several techs that passively increase the size of your ships. I try to research all 4 directions of the tech tree at about the same rate.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 5:53:17 PM
I cant see anywhere in this thread the name of teh actual tech! I still cant find it!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 5:27:21 PM
This is why you shouldn't necro old threads. This discussion was held during beta, when combat was balanced differently enough that destroyer spam was the only realistic way to go. Now with release, the issue is rather more murky.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 5:06:50 PM
I wonder if you account for these groups of repair ships in your calculation as to why DDs are so awesome? seems like a lot of mm flying ships around to repair other ships when DN fleets hardly ever take any damage to begin with.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2012, 3:06:20 AM
I'm kind of glad someone necroed this thread. I was wondering whether the "repairs +10%" actually repaired 10% of total health or whether it was 10% of some other value. I feel like that shorthand could be made more obvious by not making it shorthand and actually said, like, "of ship health". I think it also means that the +10% module may be superior in combat to the +60 module on some of the bigger ships, especially with plates on them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2012, 1:18:06 AM
Riveted wrote:
There is one more thing to add, which I believe may be a bug: if you have nano-repair as the last battle action (phase 4), your ships will be repaired at the end of a winning battle, even if you never made it to phase 4.

Not sure if its a bug. Think its intentional to repair ships if you win, I believe it happens even if you didn't que up nano-repair at phase 4 or combat phase 3
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 10:23:22 AM
Ketobor wrote:
No they don't. They just get to research that tech a bit early.

It is also only one tech.

Thanks for correcting me. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 10:08:52 PM
Prophet wrote:
So that means your fleet doesn't repair at all in enemy territory with those early modules. Not one point. Ouch, I really misunderstood the repair mechanics. smiley: embarassement

It will still repair mid-combat, but yes. This includes what you might consider 'friendly territory'. The word means specifically 'in orbit around a friendly system'.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 5:14:30 PM
Ketobor wrote:
If you hover over a repair module it will say if it needs to be in friendly territory. The first half of repair modules do, the second half do not.

So that means your fleet doesn't repair at all in enemy territory with those early modules. Not one point. Ouch, I really misunderstood the repair mechanics. smiley: embarassement
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 3:06:09 AM
I know less about repair mechanics than I do about combat mechanics, but I will tell you the results of my research now.

Out of Combat Healing

Basic Repair Rates

All ships repair at a rate of exactly 5% their maximum health at the end of each turn they are orbiting a friendly planet.

Repair Modules

Repair modules increase your per-turn healing, usually in friendly space. This is completely independent of normal repair rates

All healing modules heal percent or flat health

Flat Health: 20 Health per turn to fleet

Percent: 2% Health per turn to fleet

The only difference besides this is if they work in non-friendly systems

If you wish faster repair rates, you should have a dedicated group of cruisers as a repair crew. A group of 6 repair Corvettes will heal and additional 120 or 12% Max health per turn to their attached fleet. Again, this effect can only be improved by numbers.

In-Combat Healing

Battle Actions

Nano-Repair Systems will heal 20-30% Max Health for all your ships on the beginning of the phase it is used.

Repair Systems

Repair Systems, at current glance, appear to function at the beginning of each combat phase regardless of battle action.

Repair Systems heal between 20-60 flat health or 10-2%Max health. Of note is that later % health is to fleet, while earlier is only to the ship with the module, making the later 2% better than the early 10%.

All of these facts have been tested by me over the course of about a dozen experimental battles to answer the community's questions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 5:32:16 AM
Be aware that the Sophon have some unique repair modules that are quite good and work in any territory.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 4:09:22 AM
Prophet wrote:
Great guide. Thank you Ketobor. I tend to have repair corvettes in my battle fleets but have yet to track how well they fix my warships.

Does anyone know how well ships heal in enemy territory out-of-combat? If at all?

Oh, I did not realize that.

If you hover over a repair module it will say if it needs to be in friendly territory. The first half of repair modules do, the second half do not.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 6:04:05 PM
Great guide. Thank you Ketobor. I tend to have repair corvettes in my battle fleets but have yet to track how well they fix my warships.

Does anyone know how well ships heal in enemy territory out-of-combat? If at all?

Nosferatiel wrote:
No, so far it doesn't have any effect to get ships back to hangar.

Oh, I did not realize that.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 1:03:02 PM
Nice guide and moved to the new strategy guides section.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 12:30:22 PM
There is one more thing to add, which I believe may be a bug: if you have nano-repair as the last battle action (phase 4), your ships will be repaired at the end of a winning battle, even if you never made it to phase 4.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 12:17:04 PM
Brazouck wrote:
going into hangar don't speed it up ?

No, so far it doesn't have any effect to get ships back to hangar.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment