Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Accuracy

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 11:53:30 PM
bilun wrote:
Good to hear- so in that case since there are only three salvos per turn, the best evasion can ever get is 3*accuracy-evasion.

There is no way this is the case, the converse is easily observable. Try firing Kinetics at long range with a single ship armed with only 1 weapons module(and ideally a Hero with Lethal Modder so it's easy to see when that module deals damage), watch is manual battle and watch how a vast majority of the time you miss entirely dealing no damage.

I think it's more likely that the reported accuracy is a multiplier to the base accuracy defined by the battle phase(or equivalently the base accuracy from battle phase is a multiplier for the reported accuracy).

Theres actually 4 rounds per turn, and it resets each round, but it builds (on the target) up per ship (one ship can have as many salvos as it has weapons).

Like he said the weapon range things are just damage modifier, calling using the word accuracy anywhere is just confusing people. It used to be accuracy penalties in vanilla afaik. Yes its gonna miss most of the time since it cant stack accuracy. And long range anything (including kineticS) dont get any penalties at long range.

The battlephase penalties are purely damage multipliers, has nothing to do with accuracy.

This is still conjecture until its confirmed though, but sounds about right.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 10:09:42 PM
thuvian wrote:
The accuracy roll is made once per salvo, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Good to hear- so in that case since there are only three salvos per turn, the best evasion can ever get is 3*accuracy-evasion.

I believe there there are two "accuracy" stats. One of these is the scaling done based on Weapon Range. That is if a melee weapon is used at long range, it has an "accuracy" of 25%. However, this is a straight damage reduction and not involved in accuracy.

There is no way this is the case, the converse is easily observable. Try firing Kinetics at long range with a single ship armed with only 1 weapons module(and ideally a Hero with Lethal Modder so it's easy to see when that module deals damage), watch is manual battle and watch how a vast majority of the time you miss entirely dealing no damage.

The second is the "accuracy" I discuss above. This accuracy is the one that is reported on the weapon screen. So long range missiles get a 1, short range kinetics are .3 or .5 depending on the level, etc.

I think it's more likely that the reported accuracy is a multiplier to the base accuracy defined by the battle phase(or equivalently the base accuracy from battle phase is a multiplier for the reported accuracy).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 6:58:37 PM
Im interested in confirmation to whether your assessment is correct. From what I understand part of your theory is that the reset is per round (so 4 resets per phase for a melee weapon) and not per phase.

With some probability formulas one can gather the value of accuracy and the value of evasion, however this varies with the amount of weapons your ship is packing but one can generalize by using the number of weapons in steps that are more commonly used in designs. Ironically this make higher CP ships MORE accurate than the lower CP ship counterparts simply because they carry that many more weapons into a single set of accuracy/evasion calculations. Those same ships have less evasion themselves to compensate and cant fire at multiple targets on a single phase(round?).

Any idea as to all weapons sharing the same successful evades pool on the same ship (So a ship with beams missiles and kinetics would be grossly underpowered to a single weapon type accuracy wise if they are not shared) and if they ARE shared, then which order would they be in?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 1:24:08 PM
The accuracy roll is made once per salvo, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

I believe there there are two "accuracy" stats. One of these is the scaling done based on Weapon Range. That is if a melee weapon is used at long range, it has an "accuracy" of 25%. However, this is a straight damage reduction and not involved in accuracy. The second is the "accuracy" I discuss above. This accuracy is the one that is reported on the weapon screen. So long range missiles get a 1, short range kinetics are .3 or .5 depending on the level, etc.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 6:27:17 AM
I find this rather hard to believe being that a single melee range kinetic weapon can fire 200+ projectiles per salvo- and they miss a hell of a lot more then 9(=just under .5% of the time) at any range outside of melee.

Perhaps the evade roll(and associated change to the formula) is made once per salvo rather for every individual projectile and the counter resets at the end of each phase? Salvos do feel rather all or nothing from what I've seen.

Also in your formula you reference merely "accuracy"- do you know how this value is computed now that we have both weapon base accuracy per phase and the accuracy mod depending which range-version of the weapon mod is being used(ie a melee, medium, or long ranged kinetic weapons modules)? Does the decimal on the module multiply your (base accuracy)+(trait bonuses)?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment