Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Strategy Guide

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 9, 2012, 11:06:19 PM
My biggest issue with your suggestions is the one to use split weapon systems on your ships. That gets defeated by split defenses. Using two weapon systems in a fleet is a good idea, but use paired ship designs, each with only one type of weapon. It's much harder to defend a against a fleet with half the ships going full lasers and half going full missiles, because every ship attacks a single target with all their weapons. For the defender to be immune, it would need to be able to stop a full loadout of both weapon types at the same time, which just won't happen. It doesn't cost any more to have parallel ship designs, after all.

Re-reading, I think I'm still not being clear, so look at it like this:

We have a battle where each of us brings in, say, 10 CP of destroyers. I have 5 destroyers mounting 6 lasers, 2 shields, and 3 flak, and 5 with 6 missiles, 2 shields, and 3 flak. You have 10 destroyers with 3 lasers, 3 missiles, 2 shields, and 3 flak. The end result is you're going to lose badly, probably without destroying a single one of my ships, simply because each of my designs overloads a targeted defense. (Glass cannon on glass cannon doesn't matter, as the point of using different weapon systems is irrelevent when there are no defenses.)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment