Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 2:07:17 PM
i can´t edit the taxes it crashes some one knows why? the size etc is same
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 6:26:38 PM
i need help.

I want to play the amoeba affinity with the swarm shipdesign.

I tryed both ways from Hupailija but i failed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 4:49:17 PM
oh, I did press back once and I managed to find thread titled as: Keeping sharedassets17.assets the same size

Lets see seriously what posts contains that information:

every released contains it

fleet mod has it

mod effects on multiplayer tells it

and

even sticky post modding status tells it

thats not enough?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 4:36:57 PM
Hupailija wrote:
I am going to be extremely rude now... but have you read any posts before you ask questions?

Almost every second post mentions sharedassets17.assets file which is in your: Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\EndlessSpace_Data

folder.

Hell both me and Davea have several times told how to open it and I keep telling what and how one should edit it (still surprised that so few tells things like that smiley: frown

gee i hit ctrl f on my firefox looked for shared and didnt find anything. so no it wasnt mentioned before anywhere on the first page of this post
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 4:27:58 PM
Landswimmer wrote:
Can you tell me which Xml file you are modding?? I can't seem to find it..

I am going to be extremely rude now... but have you read any posts before you ask questions?

Almost every second post mentions sharedassets17.assets file which is in your: Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\EndlessSpace_Data

folder.

Hell both me and Davea have several times told how to open it and I keep telling what and how one should edit it (still surprised that so few tells things like that smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 12:28:06 PM
Sophons are easy:

look lines (there is 1 for each 5% rise):

also Sophons has weaker ships in their affinity and that can be found in:

For hissho:

Think that was most important

some of the races are quite spread apart while others are nicely in one place
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 10:49:19 AM
Hupailija wrote:
HEUREKA!

[code]

[/code]

and now I have tracked every single RaceAffinity to it's end!

Oh boy, now I know how to make new races <3

can you show us how to or at least how it looks for sophon? or hissho? i am too lazy for it XD

Edit1:

hey i was looking for a way to add an new improvement wich is like the 25% industry to dust etc for the other resources like 25% dust to sience or 25% sience to industry but i couldn´t find a way to do it, some one can help me?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 7:06:27 AM
HEUREKA!

[code]

[/code]

and now I have tracked every single RaceAffinity to it's end!

Oh boy, now I know how to make new races <3
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 15, 2012, 12:57:23 AM
@ thatsgerman, we do not know how mods will work in multiplayer. What "should" happen is each player's game should communicate some checksum, or something, of the customizable files. (Not graphics files.) If the checksums of any player do not match, it means that player has a different mod from the others. A game should be allowed only if all players have the same checksum.

Since the game does not officially support modding yet, I suppose this check is not present, and players using different mods should expect weird OOS errors.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 10:12:20 PM
How will this work in multiplayer?

Id really like to have the cravers ships with the sophons affinity when I play with friends
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 8:18:06 PM
do you know how to change the anomalys of planets? like the homa planet with garden of eden for everyone i tried it in the galaxy files but it not worked
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 7:56:35 PM
All I can say is, use the original working file from this game version, and carefully change it so the size does not change. I understand you are saying that you have done that, and I cannot offer any different advice. It works for me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 7:09:52 PM
yes i know but as i said it all was the same size and letter count

davea i found the mop corporate hero buff and i installed it then i realized it got a other size and letter count then the original file, how did you do that it still works?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 6:33:28 PM
@ etzlo, The game will crash if you change the size of the file. Therefore something in your edit is changing the size of the file. We have learned that notepad changes the size of the file, even if you just open and save the file again. If you are not using notepad, then please be careful that if you add one character to a line (for example, changing "1" to "10") then you must delete one character from the same line. Otherwise the size of the file will change and the game will crash.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 12:45:00 PM
I am first listing this what are possible and then (in a couple hours / rest of an evening) telling how:

Now I haven't tested either of those but in code wise it's easy and possible

- It's possible to change race image to ANY image of game which has BOTH large and small versions... this includes (appreantly) hother races (heroes are bit puzzling, one should try :P).

- It's possible to change ship images from one race to another

These I have tested

- It's possible to change / remove Affinities

- It's possible to change empires planet bonuses

- It's possible to change other empire values

- change traits (both empire and what different traits do)

- change how AI acts with race (well atleast set how he values different things)

What I am going to tell is then harder modding and thus one should do it only if he is sure about himself.

Oh and if you know something what I do not know add here please, this is something what modders want to know (along with how to build house and how to take pets to local garden).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 1:22:41 PM
i found out that you can change the starting properties of the chips so you can start with a full teched ship it´s at the same place where you change the ship hull

well... as it seems you can unlock on the ways above anything in the game at turn 1

also a little question: did you find out how to edit the affinity boni like the + dmg on hissho or the + science on sophon?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 4:19:43 AM
Well a few items to note, in the tax bonus system sophons get a 45% base tax rate bonus, this is countered by a custom function elsewhere that reduces that bonus as tax rate increases so if you want to add anything else to the tax bonus system they without a counter function it will not be reduced as tax rate increases.

Also the big thing stymieing modding atm IMO is that every patch the modifications made need to be completely re-integrated into the assets file.

Has anyone figured out where mods need to be located to overwrite existing data? Or is this functionality disabled atm? I notice the mod button is grayed out so I assume this function hasn't been enabled yet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 12:29:23 AM
Sadi wrote:
Hey, if people brokes their game, they just have to restore or reinstall it via Steam. When you touch the game files, everyone should know that it is at your own risks (no pain, no gain ^^).

Yes indeed. Every time I went into the 2da files of Neverwinter Nights 2 to muck about with things (like making it so wizards can cast infinite spells per day, or screwing around with a race's favored class or stats), I make sure to backup the file. If my change didn't work or the game decides to crash because of what I changed, simply take the backup and put it back where the new file is. Always backup your files, and you can't go too far wrong.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment