Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding status

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 5:39:31 PM
@ quaresma7, sorry, I don't know the answer. Can you please start a separate thread for this question instead of jamming the global status thread? I will "send up the bat-signal" on a separate thread to be sure the dev team notices.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 5:32:26 PM
Okay that's a pity indeed... but, once again, what should I add in the Index file of my mod so that the game uses my custom ship Icon files? smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 4:59:05 PM
I don't believe so davea, I think you've covered all of them. Understandable concerns of course - pity though smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 4:53:47 PM
The dev team has stated that they do not wish to release un-encrypted versions of the 3D ship models. I believe that the small ship icons displayed on the galaxy map are super-low-poly-count versions of the same 3D models. So that may be why these are not included in the resource pack. We have discussed that the "character set" icons such as the dust icon do not seem to be moddable. The only other thing which seems missing from the resource pack is the hand-painted artwork including the loaing screens, and the portraits of the different races and heroes. I suppose it may be that they do not want to release un-encrypted versions of these either due to the artist copyright concerns.

Are there any other resources which are missing from the resource pack besides the above?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 4:13:28 PM
Thanks EvilTactician,

That'S exactly what I mean... I wanna edit these little Ships that represent fleets on the Galaxy map didn't found the appropriate files.

Concerning the Ship bitmaps, they're actually included in the resources but I have no idea what I should add in the Index file of my mod so that the game uses my custom files. Would be quite nice to know what I have to add there smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 4:01:52 PM
He does raise one good question - some of the assets are currently not easily obtainable. The downloadable 'resource' pack with icons, doesn't actually include everything.

It's missing things like hero/race portraits, loading screens, ship bitmaps, etc. It would actually be quite nice to know how to change the icons representing fleets on the main galaxy map - especially if you're implementing custom ship sets in a mod. Some people will like going the extra mile and making it look different on the map too.

Having the original material available would be quite helpful.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 3:57:16 PM
@ quaresma7, please do read the modding tutorial in this forum. Nobody uses the assets files anymore, you edit xml files.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 12:31:00 PM
I'm sure sbd asked this before but is it possible to unpack the .assets files? Cause I wanna create a new race look (or at lesat replace one) and I need the "basic files" of the fleet representing ships on the galaxy map and maybe some other files...

Or is there any mod like the CustomShipsAndPlanets to change these features?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 11:02:36 AM
@Harel55: We're going to release a set of "rules" for mods present on the forums. As for the Sheredyn, they are indeed available to modders via the XML files, we're going to ask you to not distribute mods that unlock the faction for non-Emperor editions. Otherwise they will be removed from the forums.

@Hupa: I don't understand the semi-hate, I believe we are indeed listening to what the (modding) community is saying. We can't answer every single question and many times, they are so specific that we have to spend a lot of time recreating the demand to see if it is possible. We're giving modding support but like you said, most of it will come from you guys.

We're working on ES vanilla, as well as the modding improvements on the side, and although you might consider allowing people to add their own custom icons "not thrilling", I believe a lot of people do.

Still, I'll try look at what you're asking for "that hasn't be answered yet".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 11:31:56 PM
Where is the best place to report a bug with the modding side of things?

PlanetImprovement.xml is not loading properly, as we've demonstrated in this topic.

Edit: I've created a bug report in the appropriate forum section. Let's hope this gets resolved.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 9:45:10 PM
kk. But then it should be a little text in the tutorial which says that. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 9:12:31 PM
Yes, you have to wait for the Rise of the Automatons release. The 1.0.19 release does not support any of that new stuff.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 8:11:10 PM
I tried the new Tutorial for adding custom ship models. Unfortunatly it doesnt work for me. Somehow i still see the original models.

[CODE]

Prefabs/Spaceships/Terran/SS_Terran_Medium_B

Templates/ships/ea/Shuttle

[/CODE]

Thats what i done. I checked the path of course so that shouldnt be the problem. Maybe it isnt supported yet? Do i have to wait for a ES update?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 19, 2012, 3:24:13 PM
Nycidian wrote:

No .png

ya my mistake but like pleasure said, still no chance to change them
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 18, 2012, 3:07:30 PM
Nycidian wrote:
[CODE]

[/CODE]

No .png

allready told him that smiley: biggrin still does not work.. but we allready know it is because money,tech icons etc. are not yet editable
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 10:43:21 PM
mJrA wrote:
ya i done this: Resources

Gui.xml

[CODE]

%MoneyTitle

%MoneyDescription

[/CODE]

And it says resources can be change or am i wrong there?

Edit: I guess as there is no complete path like (gui/dynamicBitmaps/.../....png) i cant change them after all smiley: frown

[CODE]

[/CODE]

No .png
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 8:10:39 AM
ya i done this: Resources

Gui.xml

[CODE]

%MoneyTitle

%MoneyDescription

[/CODE]

And it says resources can be change or am i wrong there?

Edit: I guess as there is no complete path like (gui/dynamicBitmaps/.../....png) i cant change them after all smiley: frown
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment