Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[BETA] Sheredyn Ship Mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 12:57:58 AM
Sounds interesting, but after pressing the download button i get a File not found error.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 1:27:56 AM
Could you please just upload the file here on the forums?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 9:32:27 AM
I'm Sorry for that issue, thanks to davea for uploading it on another page.

Gamefront is sometimes a bit strange smiley: wink

Hope the Mod works without any issues, if not pls tell me so that I can make corrections.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 10:24:13 AM
I didn`t have sheredyn faction ((((

Maybe you can tell how to make the ships were for the other faction? (UE or Pilgrims)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 10:46:39 AM
OK that's an issue I don't have... Did the Sheredyn Faction disappear with the mod?

To change the faction to another you have to make two changes: First of all open the Index file and change every line like this one:

[CODE][/CODE]

Just change "Emperor" to "Terran" for UE or "Resistance" for Pilgrims.

This transfers the Ship Models themselves to the faction you want. Transfering the Icons is a bit more complicated. I think the easiest way might be to change the name of the Hull.xml of the Sheredyn Ship Mod in the folder "Simulation" e.g. to "SheredynHull.xml" or sth like that. Then to copy the Hull.xml from C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Endless Space\Public\Simulation to the Simulation folder in the Sheredyn Ship Mod. Open the new Hull.xml and the SheredynHull.xml and search in the SheredynHull.xml for every line looking like this:

[CODE]
Then copy the line 10 lines underneath looking like this

[CODE] [/CODE] (PinnanceIconSmall/Large are the names of the Icon files, so they change from Ship size to ship size.

Then open the new Hull.xml and search for the lines looking like this:

[CODE]

Overwrite the line

[CODE][/CODE]

with the one you copied.

Very Important: The Command Components like "Small1" or "Medium2" express the size of the ship, so if you want to change the right Icon, the Size specified in the Emperor line has to be equel to the size specified in the Terran Line.

Make all these step for the following sizes: Small1, Small2, Medium1, Medium2, Large1.

I know that sounds complicated, but it's much more complicated to explain that, believe me smiley: wink If anybody is able to explain that better, feel free to do that.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 12:18:45 AM
Quaresma7 proudly presents:

THE AUTOMATONS & SHEREDYN SHIP MOD

INTRODUCTION:

Because there aren't too many ship mods until now (better to say: There are nearly no Ship Mods existing), I thought it would be time to create one. First of all, I haven't done all myself, so pls look in the credits to see who was (mostly passively) involved in the project. I didn't make the models myself, my modeling knowledge is in its early stages although I'm quite sure that I'll publish them one time. The models are all courtesy of the SMG - Modding group that created a really nice and huge mod for Star Wars: Empire at War (Awakening of the Rebellion), and I got the allowance of the last active member of the Modding Group to use them in my Mod. My work was to convert them to .obj, add some textures, create the Ship Icons and, what was most time-consuming, to implement them successfully to Endless Space.

But well, long speech's short sense, the Automatons & Sheredyn Ship Mod provides five Ships so that the Sheredyn or the Automatons get their own ship templates. They all have their own Icon, only the small ship that represents fleets on the galaxy map can't be edited so far, but I'll try to find the solution.

Please note that there is only ONE set of ships that can be used for Automatons OR Sheredyn.

THE MOD:

Here you can download it:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22675771/AutomatonsAndSheredynShipMod.zip

How to install:

1.) Go to C:\Users[YourName]\Documents\EndlessSpace and create a folder called "Modding" there.

2.) Unzip the .zip file you downloaded and move the included Folder "SheredynShipMod" or "AutomatonsShipMod" to the created "Modding" folder.

3.) Go to Steam, right-click on Endless Space --> Properties --> General --> Edit Starting Options

4.) Enter "+mod SheredynShipMod" or "AutomatonsShipMod" (Without ") there

5.) Start the Game normally.

Ignore the Mod section ingame. It doesn't work fine, e.g. sometimes even a working mod crashes.

THE SHIPS:

These Ship Screens are a bit old; now they have a grey and slightly golden texture which makes them better visible in battle.

WHY BETA?

The Mod should work fine, but there are two things: First of all, the textures aren't that good. They're acceptable as I think, but my knowledge concerning UV-Mapping is too small to make better ones. If somebody culd make better ones, feel free to do this and maybe contact me so that I can provide them to the other users, too! Secondly, the ship sizes are not soo different to each other. I have o idea why, but I'll check that!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

As Consqeuence of the above named deficit of my modeling knowledge I'm searching for somebody who has experience in texturing models for this Set of Ships and maybe some more for another Ship Pack.

So if sbd is interested send me a pm smiley: smile Or look some posts beneath, davea provided a new, better visible texture set.

CREDITS:

Credits go to:

--> Eville Jedi & SMG Modding Group: As I said, they gave me the allowance to use their models. Thank you very much guys!

--> Choucane: Concerning the fact that I'm a beginner in editing models, he was a great help for me. Thank you very much dude, too!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

Hope you enjoy the Mod, feedback would be very nice smiley: smile Even negative feedback is better than nothing smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 4:57:05 PM
Oh. Okay, I didn't know that. I'll change this to Automatons, as soon as I can.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 5:27:28 PM
I have made a mod-mod. The ship shapes are great, but the colors are ... very black. The icons are hard to see, and in the tactical screen, you cannot even see them unless they are very close, or silhouetted against a planet. I don't know much about textures except for "color variations" in photoshop. So, I replaced the two black texture files with something in the gold family. Also, to make it easier to build the ships in a test game, I added a mod which changes all the expansion (south tree) tech costs to 1 and modified your hull.xml file to make all the hulls cost 1. Obviously the costs are not intended to be used in any real game, but hopefully the textures will be useful.

To test:

1. Download and install quaresma7's mod

2. Install my mod on top of that (my mod only contains my changed files)

3. Start a tiny, 8 player map as Sheredyn; choose "constellations - unique" in advanced options

4. Put your initial scout on intercept; research all the hull techs

5. Build a DN or other ship class by turn 3

6. Attack the various scouts which will have been caught by your scout.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ow68bs08ra61vn
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 7:16:50 PM
What would I have to change to make these ships Automaton ships and not the Sheredyn Ships, I don't have the Emperor's edition. I am very good at coding though generally, so I suspect that this change would be within my reach.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 25, 2012, 11:14:22 PM
Any plans on adding a model for the constructor/colony type ship? Because it currently is using the default graphics.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 26, 2012, 2:19:22 AM
Any chance we could get some screen shots to see what the ships look like?

Thanks! smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment