Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Steam workshop?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 27, 2012, 6:57:54 PM
There are a lot of new games on the steam workshop now and actually it seems like a creation kit of some kind would not be too hard.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 29, 2012, 12:27:07 PM
They have only released bits of code you can use now. I have thrown a little bit of stuff together and it works fine, although having a creation kit + workshop would speed up my process 5x over.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 29, 2012, 2:27:56 PM
Dunkelzahn wrote:
Yes steam workshop and steam achievements would make me very happy. smiley: smile

The achievements are very possible but a workshop... I dont see very factible because this game is not very popular and haven´t got the neccesary people to go ahead. I think.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 3:44:18 PM
I have to agree with selenius the achievements would be more more likely implimented than workshop compatibility. Though having said that i would like it to be linked to the workshop.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 10:37:24 PM
Selenius wrote:
The achievements are very possible but a workshop... I dont see very factible because this game is not very popular and haven´t got the neccesary people to go ahead. I think.

Isn't very popular? I thought that if a game is 2nd top selling, it must popular.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 6:03:43 PM
If they manage to get a dev kit up and running for the workshop, then that'll open a whole new door full of crazy possibilities ridden with community generated content. It'll fit well with the G2G business model.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 9:49:12 AM
Selenius wrote:

Not very popular you say? Second on top sellers on steam I say!

EDIT: also the workshops are a great way to share mods and such with the community easily!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 10:24:32 AM
krythorian wrote:
Not very popular you say? Second on top sellers on steam I say!

EDIT: also the workshops are a great way to share mods and such with the community easily!

OWNED lol, this game is amazing and growing fast
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 12:55:16 PM
Well a few weeks later and already out of content and played a few times through. Damn interest died FAST gl amp. Peace out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 18, 2012, 7:54:03 PM
While I like steam, I'd like to see what kinds of caveats that joining the steam workshop has first.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 21, 2012, 10:28:03 AM
Dunkelzahn wrote:
Yes steam workshop and steam achievements would make me very happy. smiley: smile

I agree, while I don't usually hunt for attachments I was surprised they don't exist. Even something simple like linking the forum account with the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 24, 2012, 6:15:53 PM
I just recently started using steam workshop, it would be a good idea to put ES on it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 25, 2012, 2:27:26 PM
The Steam Workshop model allows for community input on a grander scale, with dedicated ratings and community feedback pages for each mod offered publicly. A definite need.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 3:47:08 PM
Even if Steam Workshop is not an option, a modkit for players to use and a way of allowing multiple mods to be implemented will save a fair amount of time on the long-run, as the community will fix bugs that they find and add new things as they want it. This means that, if nothing else, the developers could have an ample base of code to steal borrow ideas from, in much the same way that pistons were a v. popular Minecraft mod that became base-game. And finaly, it allows the game to progress faster and more content for players to enjoy.

Summery: Steam Workshop is up to the devs, but we need a modkit.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 7:14:43 PM
Well the Steam-Workshop seems to be a nice idea, but i dont know, how's about organizing, etc...
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment