Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Steam workshop?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 9:44:19 AM
A workshop integration would be nice, but I'm not sure they'll do it because the developers said in the official modding topic :

AmpliMath wrote:
For the sake of stability and clarity, we will opt for the "one mod at a time" policy, and let the community merge popular mods in one bundle.

The Steam Workshop was designed for games that support multiple mods at a time. Installing a mod with the Workshop would mean overwriting any currently existing mod and, until the workshop only contains large complete bundles, that would not really be super efficient smiley: smile

That being said, this single mod policy may still be open to debate, or maybe covers only some aspects of modding (eg. maybe you could install only one races/gameplay mod, and several interface tweaks at the same time ?)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 11:52:49 AM
Shtong wrote:
A workshop integration would be nice, but I'm not sure they'll do it because the developers said in the official modding topic :

The Steam Workshop was designed for games that support multiple mods at a time. Installing a mod with the Workshop would mean overwriting any currently existing mod and, until the workshop only contains large complete bundles, that would not really be super efficient smiley: smile

That being said, this single mod policy may still be open to debate, or maybe covers only some aspects of modding (eg. maybe you could install only one races/gameplay mod, and several interface tweaks at the same time ?)

Well Civ 5 is also a game designed for only a small number of non-conflicting mods at one time and it has just been put onto the Steamwork shop, hope remains.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 12:56:38 PM
Given the tremendous mod history that goes side by side with 4X history this would be an opportunity not to be missed by Amp with Steam. I hope something does appear through the Workshop after or when Gold is released. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 8:31:45 PM
Well, they do have a mods section in the game, so it is out there on the table of possibilities. They, possibly, would decide to not make Steam Workshop for the game and stick with modder sites. (exe. modb.com and so on)

I vote for them having Steam Workshop for the game.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 3:22:22 AM
This seems like a really good thing for convenience. And being the lazy bum that I am, I +1 to this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 8:11:48 PM
A Steam Workshop would make modding a lot easier and more avaliable. I like the idea.

The Workshop added to my interest in modding. +40K here.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 4:22:24 PM
This sounds like a somewhat good idea, but it should be possible to keep mods and the workshop apart, otherwise I agree.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 9:24:19 PM
This sounds like a great idea, and I too am very interested in having this game available on the Steam workshop.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 22, 2012, 9:20:09 AM
Also agreed for the aforementioned reasons. Good moddability and access to mods can very well make the difference between a decent game and a surprise hit in today's indie market - especially with 4X games.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment