Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space save editor released

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 5:33:03 AM
saint-ch wrote:
saidly i can not say more, for it does for some reason not work. it loads the files all right but that i can't manipulate anything everything is just stuck.

what could be the problem? is there any faq that i can read.

Wow, not sure what could be wrong. Nothing works at all? Maybe try a couple of save files. Maybe try posting your save here for me to look. I only have the normal edition of the game, if you have special edition maybe that's different...

CCA, yes that's something I'd like to add

LordRaven, do you rename your systems? I haven't tried that myself.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 6:56:52 AM
LordRaven, do you rename your systems? I haven't tried that myself.

Yes always smiley: smile. But since I do, I'm having a hard time finding them in the editor.

I take it you read the system name from:

GameInfo -> Galaxy -> GenerationOutput -> Systems -> System

Property "Name", which is something like "%StarName184"

The in-game name can be found at:

Game -> Empires -> Agencies -> Agency (DepartmentOfTheInterior) -> Systems -> System -> LocalizedName

This value always contains the name displayed in the game. No need to look up placeholders.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 12:25:32 PM
Thank you for this editor! Quick question, editing Resources/Luxuries/Anomolies etc doesnt seem to work, the pulldown box never comes up (it does for Size and Type though). This an unfinished feature or bug? Or am I missing something?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 1:48:55 PM
same here annex.

but even sice and type wount change.

@evilfred

Kinshay - Turn 0.txt

here the file, i had to change the extention so i could upload it. its a standart .bin save file.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 7, 2012, 12:14:22 AM
saint-ch, that save works for me. Try clicking on those dropdowns twice to get them to work. I know it's strange but one click won't do. Annex, yes those last dropdowns aren't hooked up yet. I do plan to do those sometime.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 7, 2012, 8:51:41 AM
I can confim that when I zoom in only the following things can be edited: type of planet, planet size and the amount of pop. The other drop downs (resource, resource amount, anomaly, moon and moon temple do not yet work.

Personally, I would love for the other things to be editable (which I know you said you'd do eventually), as well as for me to be able to change the number of planets per system, which I think is quite key, because I always start out with a home system which is fairly small... smiley: frown

This is a cool editor though, EvilFred, many thanks for going to the extreme amount of work to putting it all together. smiley: smile

Do you have an estimate on when you think you'll have an upgrade done for the editor? I can't wait to try more stuff out! lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 7, 2012, 2:02:17 PM
thanks a lot for the effort.

an other question do you have a list of the anomalis and resources or is that not yet maped.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 9, 2012, 4:40:13 PM
I have a question. I see that one of the options is to change the amount of planets in a system. However, it doesn't give any details as to what else it does. For example, if I have a system with 1 medium lava planet with no effects, and change it so that it has 6 planets, what will those others planets be like? Will they all be copies of the planet that's already there? Will they be different types of planets but the same size? Will they possibly have resources or other effects?

Basically, what happens when I add more planets to a system?

Edit:

Well, don't I feel dumb right now. I just discovered two things (which should have been obvious): first, you can click a system name, and click zoom in to change the planets and other things (didn't notice it at first since I expected to see a planet tab like the system tab). Second, you can't use the editor to change the number of planets in a system (at least, not that I'm aware of).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 11, 2012, 5:18:23 AM
I do have the list of anomolies, though I prefer to pull them from the XML source in case they change in the future.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 4:58:36 AM
EvilFred, Nice work. Yeah the add\delete systems\planets\ anomalies\lux etc will be a pain in the arse, I was 1/2 way though adding that to the planet moving app I had released before I decided it wasn't worth the effort in finishing as I figured too few would bother using it, glad you've decided otherwise.

fyi - got this when opening a file (granted I think it was out of date game file), perhaps some more exception handling for the next round.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ESEdit.Game.infoGetModVersionString()

at ESEdit.MainWindow.populateGameTab()

at ESEdit.MainWindow.load(String fileName)

at ESEdit.MainWindow.load()

at ESEdit.MainWindow.b__2(Object s, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 5:44:07 AM
KnightHawk wrote:
EvilFred, Nice work. Yeah the add\delete systems\planets\ anomalies\lux etc will be a pain in the arse, I was 1/2 way though adding that to the planet moving app I had released before I decided it wasn't worth the effort in finishing as I figured too few would bother using it, glad you've decided otherwise.

fyi - got this when opening a file (granted I think it was out of date game file), perhaps some more exception handling for the next round.

Oh thanks for reporting that. I actually have a nice exception handling dialog, but I didn't realize that .NET apps handle exceptions differently when the debugger is attached.

Maybe someday I'll actually validate the save game before trying to load it, but for now it's just going to choke in these cases.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 14, 2012, 8:17:17 AM
Today I started the editor: "This version of ESEdit has expired. Exiting."

Huh?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 14, 2012, 11:28:38 AM
@ EvilFred do you have an estimate on when you think you'll have an upgrade done for the current editor version?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 14, 2012, 11:09:19 PM
I also got a "This version of ESEdit has expired. Exiting." when I ran the program. I had used it earlier today without any problems. I downloaded a new copy and had the same problem. What gives?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 15, 2012, 4:54:04 PM
"I also got a "This version of ESEdit has expired. Exiting." when I ran the program. I had used it earlier today without any problems. I downloaded a new copy and had the same problem. What gives?"

yep, havin' the same prolem. Working one day, Next day.... Not so much
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 12:04:47 AM
I guess he put in some code to make sure everyone would update when he was planning his next release, but then he didn't quite meet his own deadline.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 12:59:39 AM
I'm fine with waiting for something which has been worked so hard on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 18, 2012, 7:51:40 AM
If you're in a bind you can use the attached patch (throw files in the zip to esedit folder and run patchme.bat; new exe will be called esedit_sept2012.exe) it will get you through till the end of the month or the next update from EvilFred. Only tested on 64bit win7\srv2k8r2.

(moderator comment: davea: every time somebody posts an attachment, somebody complains they cannot download it. The forum support team has not fixed this. For whatever browser you are using, try a different one, ie firefox vs IE. The cookies written into one browser confuse it, but any second browser will not have the confusing cookie.)

Alternate download location: http://www.filedropper.com/espatchseptember
ESPatch_September.zip
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 18, 2012, 2:53:33 PM
@ knighthawk, did you find that the author actually put an expiration date, or is there some unexpected "bug" causing this? Thanks for updating it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 18, 2012, 3:47:17 PM
Yes it had an explicit expiration date. Not knowing how intentional that was I didn't want to just remove it entirely.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment