Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding Script: Optimal Home Systems

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 8, 2013, 9:23:45 AM
Elucidus wrote:
Sorry been a busy week, I will try to get it up tomorrow.

No problem smiley: wink you dont owe me anything, but i am looking forward to it m8 smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 23, 2013, 9:07:53 PM
Actually if Amplitude could just make a settings option when choosing the spec's of your galaxy, that could help improve the odds of a better Home System, like for a example: you could set that the home systems of all the players and NPC's would be between 4-6 planets, all between medium and huge in size, with zero chance of gas planets and asteriods, perhaps even an "increased chance of moons" or positive anomaly or something like that. I always enjoy more advanced settings in creating my galaxy smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 4:07:16 PM
Hey again, just thought about the most epic Home System; 6 Huge Jungle planets, all with Garden of Eden Anomaly, and 6 Moons, Would be really OP but fun to play against Hard enemies :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 4, 2013, 2:21:32 PM
Elucidus wrote:
Sorry guys I haven't had much time to do the recoding, I hope I get time this weekend or next week.

Hey Mate, had time to look at it yet? smiley: smile still only rolling bad start systems! :P

Hope you're having a good trip.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 18, 2013, 8:00:37 AM
Sounds great m8, untill then i will just play some D3 instead :P waiting for the new patch for ES anyways smiley: smile Gl !
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 18, 2013, 4:45:13 AM
Sorry guys I haven't had much time to do the recoding, I hope I get time this weekend or next week.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 14, 2013, 2:06:29 AM
I will do my best, but it is a bit monotonous, so it will take me a little bit and right now I am trying ot get my endless space back to how it is on my home computer, which requires several mods combined together and a few of my own customizations. After that I will get it together.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 14, 2013, 12:34:09 AM
Elucidus wrote:
Well I am on the road now and on my laptop. I forgot to bring my files, so I will probably make a new one from scratch and try and get it up as I will be gone for upwards of a month. It is pretty simple to make a new one. One thing of note it does not appear to be compatible with the alternate map generator. I haven't messed with it that much.

That sounds great smiley: smile much appreciated! I personally dont need it to work with any other mod, i prefer my game as vanilla as possible, but i do think the homesystems need some sprucing up :P have a great trip!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 13, 2013, 7:45:24 PM
Well I am on the road now and on my laptop. I forgot to bring my files, so I will probably make a new one from scratch and try and get it up as I will be gone for upwards of a month. It is pretty simple to make a new one. One thing of note it does not appear to be compatible with the alternate map generator. I haven't messed with it that much.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 9:22:48 PM
Had that issue too. Make sure you make it unique in naming and whatnot. If there's two of the same name, it usually won't show either of them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 4:53:49 AM
I am apparently doing something wrong as the mod does not show up in the modlist. Time for me to hit the sack, i will try one more time tomorrow, after that I head out of town for a month, so I will then upload the file with a disclaimer that it is not in the proper mod format asking someone else to help so I can see what they did.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 29, 2012, 10:12:40 PM
While messing with the map generator I came up with a script some people might find useful. It alters all of the worlds in the home system to have six huge planets and all of the planets are drawn from jungle, terran, or ocean. The homeworld type is not altered and no other changes have been made to the map generator.

To install:

Unrar file to your Endless Space directory as:

\Endless Space\Public\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator

If you have this installed on steam then it is under the steam directory as (This is typically under the Program Files (x86) directory):

\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator

This replaces the GalaxySetting file in that directory. Recommend always backing up files before installing mods to them.

[NOTE:ALWAYSBACKUPYOURFILES]

For those that would just rather do this themselves I basically changed the trait under the home settings settings to something like this:

[code]

[/code]
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 4, 2013, 5:09:04 PM
Aw, okay. Ty m8. I tried changing the "codes" manually as in the "do-it-yourselves" guide OP gave, but it doesnt activate when launching. I know changing the datafiles can give issues when playing MP, but im more of a SP, is there a way to force it to load? Would like to play today :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 4, 2013, 5:00:04 PM
The author has taken the mod down until he can repackage the files as a true mod.

Keep an eye on this space.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 4, 2013, 4:56:08 PM
Hey man, i'd really like this mod, but i cant DL it, each time i press download it redirects me to logon site... known issue?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 30, 2012, 12:46:53 AM
Yeah but I think you might have misunderstood my purpose.

In order for this to load as a mod it needs index.xml included in the base mod directory and unless I miss my understanding if you leave standalone = "true" it won't load unless all the files from Simulation, Gui, AI etc are included.

Therefore what I figured is you need index.xml included with standalone = "false" set so it will load as a mod and yet doesn't require the files in the database section, which I didn't want to go into the details of modifying.

Without index.xml I'm not sure what the game would even do with it or if it would even pay any attention to it.

I did test this before I posted the instructions as I never simply assume it will work, or at least most of the time I don't.

P.S. I was aware you need all the files in /Plugins for any galaxy gen mod thats why I told him to copy the whole directory.

~Crymson~
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 30, 2012, 12:21:19 AM
Crymson wrote:
Yeah you would need to copy the index.xml file as well and change Standalone="true" to Standalone="false"
Unfortunately, these instructions are not quite correct for mods which affect the galaxy generator. When you change any file in Public\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator, even just one file, then your mod must include all the files in that directory. Yes, this is poor design, and inconsistent. But the "standalone" flag has no effect on the galaxy generator directory.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment