Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding Script: Optimal Home Systems

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 29, 2012, 10:47:22 PM
Yeah you would need to copy the index.xml file as well and change Standalone="true" to Standalone="false"

you can also change Name="Endless Space" to whatever you like as well as Authors, ReleaseNotes, and Description fields to suit yourself.

This will allow it to load as a mod, the game will use the contents of the Plugins Directory and the rest will default to the games original files.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 29, 2012, 10:35:07 PM
Yeah I tried that but it did not work for the map script. Perhaps I dorked it up. I will do that.

EDIT: Attachment removed. I'll probably just leave it up here for others to use if they want.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 29, 2012, 10:28:31 PM
Please do NOT install this as described above!

It should be installed as a mod, changes to the endless space directory should never be made where they can be done as a mod.

OP this should be repackaged as a mod and provided as such. please see /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16353-tutorials-for-modding-es

In essence what you want to do is create a folder under My Documents\Endless Space\Modding\ name it whatever you want.

Then go to \Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public\ and copy the entire Plugins folder and drop it into your created folder under modding.

Make your changes there and then distribute the entire directory in a compressed archive here.

Doing it as I have just described makes it a mod and it then can be used discreetly as desired. If they install it as you intended it will change their baseline game files and prevent the user from being able to join or create multiplayer games with other players unless they have the exact same files installed. Which is never a good thing to stick your end users with.

Good luck

~CrymsoN~
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment