Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Disable Lights of Polaris

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 7:55:24 PM
Im definitely not just overlooking the folder. Heres a tree of my ES user data http://pastebin.com/1KjknUt2 with my mod restored. The factions folder is there and it never went anywhere. My race file was there and then it was gone. Sorry for sounding so pushy. I just really want my factions back, I worked hard on balancing them are writing descriptions smiley: cry
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 5:25:06 AM
How do folks debug mods without doing entire play throughs?

... I don't know about you but I usually just cheat if it's a tech or something similar being tested for just function, but for AI, diplomacy, etc. I usually just slog through or have setup a test-rig save. smiley: smile

Would be good if the current wonders that don't go with Asteroids and Gas Giants

If I recall correctly the a Amp Dev mentioned some weeks (could be months now) that wonders don't spawn on gas giants, or didn't at a the time, something about graphical issues was the reason not silliness , not that I mind the silliness but I'm an odd puppy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 5:31:36 PM
Would be good if the current wonders that don't go with Asteroids and Gas Giants, etc were stopped from spawning on those objects, and instead, there are wonders more designed for them... the only problem with that, of course, is if you decide to terraform a gas giant...

How about a device to charge a gas giant through ionisation of it's gas?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 12:31:09 PM
Not all the strange combos are so bad. Like Garden of Edens on deserts look like a giant oasis or Coral Reefs on arctics I imagine beautiful reefs with strange life just under the ice layer. Lots of the weird combos could work, but a few planet types like lava and gas giants dont work for many.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 12:22:47 PM
Foraven wrote:
Anyone who value immersion when they play. I would have liked they bothered to include requirements for the wonders so they don't spawn on odd planets. It's not like it would have been a time consuming job to do, there are far fewer wonders than anomalies...
Agreed. I also like them to make sense. I mean, we do not know what's at the core of gas giants, so maybe it does have a hollow core or volcanoes, but the giant tree? not so much.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 3:16:46 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Depends who is actually bothered by it.

Anyone who value immersion when they play. I would have liked they bothered to include requirements for the wonders so they don't spawn on odd planets. It's not like it would have been a time consuming job to do, there are far fewer wonders than anomalies...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 2:56:44 AM
Nasarog wrote:
Yea, it has bugged me since day one. By the way, where can I turn on the add-ons? my game just plays.

As far as i know, all the free expansions are automatically enabled.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 1:38:41 AM
Foraven wrote:
I wonder if there is a way to mod in prerequisite so certain anomalies can't happen on certain planets. Yeah, i too find a huge icecap on a volcanic planet silly.
Yea, it has bugged me since day one. By the way, where can I turn on the add-ons? my game just plays.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 1:13:58 AM
Lately had Ice 10 on a Helium Giant, by now I always had luck with Polaris and in my first game the tree thingy actually spawned on a Jungle planet(this time Hydrogen ...) . Resticting certain combinations really should get some attention, right now you never know what silly things may happen^^ Polaris just being the most obvious of them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 10:30:51 PM
Just had the Polaris on a Helium Gas Giant... looked like a christmas pudding, iced on top! I presume the devs believe that ice can float on helium...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 6:06:18 PM
Depends who is actually bothered by it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 5:21:02 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
I don't believe there was any intention to do so, actually.

They did disable some anomalies from each type of planets, it wouldn't have been hard to do so with endless anomalies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 4:24:29 PM
I don't believe there was any intention to do so, actually.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 1:44:54 PM
I recently checked how the galaxy generator works and i found we can alter what anomalies and rescources can spawn on what kind of planet. Someone just got lazy when setting the Light of Polaris and other wonders by not disabling it completely from certain planet types.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 12:17:20 AM
Thats means the application just moved may factions somewhere.

It didn't move them anywhere - All it does is filter saves view based on your currently loaded mod - each save contains within it if it was saved with a mod loaded. I load\unload mods all the time and have not had my custom races removed nor the related files removed, so I can't tell you what happened there.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 8:51:12 PM
Foraven wrote:
I wonder if there is a way to mod in prerequisite so certain anomalies can't happen on certain planets. Yeah, i too find a huge icecap on a volcanic planet silly.

Not as silly as on a gas giant!

It's a shame that anomalies can't happen in the game, as in nature, meaning that certain combinations of planet do not go with certain anomalies. The planetary tree is another one that looks silly on a gas giant or a lava planet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 5:03:00 PM
Hey everyone, I really hate sounding like a troll on my first post but I swear es used to ask if I wanted to use the Polaris expansion at the start of every game. I really cant stand the ice cap wonder because it looks ridiculous. The worst was on my last run where I had a workshop perched on top of a lava like a silly hat smiley: smile

If not maybe I could mod it out? I have no experience modding these games so I need a little guidance if its possible to do. I dont mind that the workshop wonder is in the game but hiding the planet effect is a must. Ill take a crack at it myself and write what I find before I post.

kk.. My first stop was the data folder. I found lots of asset files but there all packed as binaries. Does the community have an unpacker available somewhere?

I did a search on ..\public\ and found some kind of define entry for the anomaly I want removed (the planet effect at least)

[CODE]Searching 59 files for "workshop"

D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Endless Space\Public\Simulation\Anomaly.xml:

512 170;170;170;255

513 90;90;90;255

514: Graph/CelestialBodies/Wonders/Planet/Wonder_Polaris_Workshop_Small

1 match in 1 file[/CODE]

So how do I proceed from here if I want to take the modding route?

If I cant mod this, did I miss a giant "disable lights of polaris" button somewhere?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 7:42:02 PM
Well it cant, or at least isn't supposed to, check the endless space folder for a factions folder.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 7:40:25 PM
I just moved my deleted mod folder back from the recycle bin to double check my normal ES custom factions didnt get stored there. nope

I only deleted documents/Endless Space/Modding/Scrivener, nothing else. It was when I activated my mod the first time in game my documents/Endless Space/Factions and documents/Endless Space/Save folders got cleared. It had to of gone somewhere unless the game really did just opps and delete the files.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 7:28:51 PM
Documents>Endless Space>Modding

And parallel to that is the custom factions folder, Make sure you didn't delete it!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment