Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Disable Lights of Polaris

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 7:24:56 PM
Oh great news. Thats means the application just moved may factions somewhere. I searched all through my appdata and documents folders but still no trace.

I must have made a big mistake. After testing my mod I force closed the session with my mod still active. Deleted my mods folder and restarted the game. Not only were my saves and factions missing but my mod still appeared in the mod list. wth? This is what I did before my last post. Im really hoping a dev or modder can pop in and tell me where ES stores user data for inactive mods.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 7:20:54 PM
Save's obviously won't work in the mod (Only for the version you saved it for) and the same is for custom races.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 7:02:45 PM
^^^ No it doesn't. If you go back to the modding screen and load the Endless Space option, you should get you files back (races and saves can't work between mods, if that makes any sense)
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 6:18:53 PM
I think this is down to the galaxy generator.

although I cant find the generation connection between wonders and the map. smiley: confused
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 5:43:31 PM
KnightHawk wrote:
I suggest you visit the modding forums (or have a mod perhaps move this thread there), if you want to mod-out the anomaly you don't like it can easily (more or less) be done without touching the binaries.

I wonder if there is a way to mod in prerequisite so certain anomalies can't happen on certain planets. Yeah, i too find a huge icecap on a volcanic planet silly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 5:30:12 PM
I suggest you visit the modding forums (or have a mod perhaps move this thread there), if you want to mod-out the anomaly you don't like it can easily (more or less) be done without touching the binaries.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 5:29:28 PM
No official tools are needed, modding ES is extremely easy to do.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 5:23:04 PM
I just commented out what I think is the internal path of one of the .asset packs. No crashing when I started a new game so thats a good start but I have no idea if the change took. Is there no dev console or anything useful for modding these games? Why is everything packed into binaries with no official tools smiley: confused

[CODE]

170;170;170;255

90;90;90;255

[/CODE]
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 5:11:50 PM
You're right, it used to ask if we wanted to disable Lights of Polaris.

I haven't played the Virtual Awakening yet so i'm not sure if its just a bug or not.

I had a Polaris workshop sitting on top of a Methane Giant. I was like wth lol
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment