Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Battlefleet Gothic Gameplay

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 20, 2013, 7:44:39 PM
-Food for conquered systems would be nice, yeah. I feel like there should be an option to abandon a conquered system somehow though. However, I'm not sure if it's possible to implement with modding tools.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 20, 2013, 8:22:43 PM
who would abandon a system though i can understand the imperium might do that for a better attack or defense point but no race in 40k would do that just to abandon though it would add alot of strategic things to it where if u abandon u could chose to destroy some of the things u built on it to make the conquerors have to rebuild what u already had on it spend there money and time
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 20, 2013, 10:05:18 PM
Well the Imperium frequently uses anti-planet weapons to "de-terraform" worlds that are irretrievable or not important.

And I believe the ability to fully evacuate the world is a upcoming addition to ES, so it should appear in the not to distant future.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 28, 2013, 5:27:33 AM
Based on the suggestions of the community, I will try to give every race the ability to abandon a bad system (Using the Pilgrims' special). Will update later.

Anyways, apologies for the absence, things have been slow back here. Accidentally put a nail through my hand at work, so typing speed has plummeted substantially as a result. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 7:31:38 PM
sorry its been slow back at college this is what i came up with for the crons

anarchists 2/2

deadly weapons 1/3

deep roots 2/2

dust lode

dust recyclers 2/2

entrepreneurs

eternal war

fast travelers 2/2

fragile hulls 2/2

knowledge gathering 1/2

militarists 1/3

offense first 1/3

snipers 2/3

tolerant 1/2

what do you think
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 9:08:18 PM
I FINALLY HAVE INTERNET AGAIN. Honestly, I felt like a bloody caveman without it.

Anyways, I have stopped progress on the Tyranids for now, until I can get their affinity sorted out. In the mean time, they have a few upgrades done for them (First level of their weaponry has all been Tyranid-ified, a few system devellopments catered around spreading influence and a single defensive upgrade). In the mean time, I have delved in to Ork and Imperium work instead.

Orks have their affinity done and implemented, a speed upgrade, all traits done, and I have half the work done for their first-tier of weapons upgrades (They're designed, but I haven't done the research for them yet). Imperium has a number of upgrades pertaining to Industry, Dust, Approval and Defence done. However, now that I have access to the community again, I'd like to rack everyone's brains about an Affinity for them. Bare in mind, the way I have them designed, the Imperium has strong Dust production, excellent territorial defence and the highest Hero cap, however they're weak in approval, need to really build up a system to get good production and are mediocre at combat. As such, try not to suggest something that directly counter-acts those aspects. Something else to consider is that I'm hoping to have every Affinity be a positive one, so as not to cause imbalancing with custom factions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 18, 2013, 7:30:08 AM
This week was more one of corrections, as in my jubilant alterations, I accidentally took all Ork ships out (Didn't start with any, and couldn't build any). Whoops.

Anyways, after fixing that I've simply been going through and making Tier II Ork weapons (Evra fings gotz a BIGGA vershun now!). For the mod, I'm (Hopefully) going to change things up, weapon-wise. Instead of constant minor upgrades (Eight Tiers), I'm going to trim that to three standard Tiers (With large improvements in between) with a fourth Dreadnaught-only Tier. I'll try it out, and if it's too difficult to balance/impossible to get the AI to work with, I'll try and go back to the default way.

Also going to re-plead for the community to put out some ideas for an Imperium affinity.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 18, 2013, 3:40:43 PM
Well the imperium is fighting a war on all sides against impossibly powerful forces, so I would guess that you could have an affinity around fortifying and amassing their imperial guard legions.

So possibly in the Tax rate they could have the difference between: increasing the defences of their systems and their ability to produce small ships for their fleets, and the need to prevent mass rebellions, with horrifying bad approval penalty's.

Leading players to choose how much they will sacrifice in terms of growth, science, industry and dust for the ability to resist invasions and amass guardsmen fleets.

As for the affinity it's self, you could give innate advantages to the use of their dreadnoughts (Super old, super powerful vessels that are almost irreplaceable) and invasion tonnages on all ships?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 4:28:19 AM
Hmm... I actually really like your first point, and you've given me an idea. Thanks igncom1!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 4:40:22 AM
Welcome Romeo! (Was never great at the whole balance part anyway!)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 9:52:06 PM
I had been preventing ES from updating until I got a few new gameplay ideas tested out (Most scrapped). Then I let it update to the fourth add-on...

Worst. Idea. Ever.

The mod will still load, and partly function (As in, Tyranids, Orks and Imperium are selectable from the faction list), but they all have had their affinities replaced with "Spacefaring Race" (It should be noted, visual affinities all still function perfectly), and after loading, the galaxy will fail to spawn and a null pop-up will display. Clearly something in the newest add-on isn't playing nice with the mod. I really do appreciate the new gameplay additions in Vanilla ES, but if this happens with each new add-on, my frustration is going to overwhelm my desire.

Ugh, back to square one to see what's not playing nice with who...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 10:06:48 PM
I have had that happen, check the affinity mapping stuff.

When trying to create a new race it was the affinity stuff that caused that error, so try tinkering with it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 14, 2013, 1:49:31 AM
Romeo wrote:

Is it possible to make a planet have negative approval for most, but positive for a specific trait, research or affinity? Say (For example), an Asteroid gives -20smiley: approval for pretty much everyone, but one group could have +40smiley: approval for a net of +20? If that isn't possible, this brings me to my next question...

Yes you can as far as my knowledge goes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 1:06:18 AM
While not related to any faction, I should bring up that I'm taking out free-travel completely. I had considered making it a Chaos-only option, but it's killing the Imperium too much. If there's any desire for others to have this as a stand-alone, I will put it out. So far, I haven't replaced the techs and engines with anything, but the plan is to give all speed bonuses to standard travel. Wormholes and Wormhole links remain.

This was done to promote some modicum of defensive play, and force some fierce battles in to chokepoints. Will message again after I get the whole thing tidied up to say how it does in that regard.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 1:11:26 AM
Romeo wrote:
While not related to any faction, I should bring up that I'm taking out free-travel completely. I had considered making it a Chaos-only option, but it's killing the Imperium too much.

Wasn't that the point? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 1:33:26 AM
it sounds good to me cant wait to see what u do with the rest of the factions especially the Orks i cant wait till this mod is released
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 1:40:32 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Wasn't that the point? smiley: stickouttongue

Bwa ha ha. Yes, I suppose it is. But it's so much more fun when you have to work for it!

ghazz wrote:
it sounds good to me cant wait to see what u do with the rest of the factions especially the Orks i cant wait till this mod is released

I've got a few tricks up my sleeves for when I get to the Orks. That being said, if you'd like to help out, feel free! I certainly won't turn away an extra set of hands.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 1:54:51 AM
Have you considered just tying "freespeed" to a new Engine module, and increasing the weight of that module to something that would make it undesirable for any proper battle fleet?

Used that with the crappy custom mod I play with, very good for balancing it out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 2:48:47 AM
Considering the recycling nature of the Orks, could they get extra smiley: industry per ship destroyed? something like +1 smiley: industry to empire for each ship CP killed?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 3:13:25 AM
Industry is a hard thing to add as an empire wide bonus, at least when you're dealing with a value instead of a percentage.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment