logo amplifiers simplified

[Mod] Endless Dream

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 1, 2012, 10:39:46 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
A small snippet of lore for a teaser smiley: wink:

The Pilgrims

The nomadic fleet of the Pilgrims has a long history of desperation and counter aggression, as most humans do, that began with actions originating from Chinese traditionalists.

In 2038 riots throughout the New Xin Dynasty controlled Asian continent(?) of the already 26 years old United Empire had gotten out of control, with massive mobs of protesters gathering at the door of the refurbished Forbidden City.

The riots over food shortages had been catastrophic since the early 2020's and with food shortages outpacing the development of large scale GM crops the new UE military was called in to 'pacify' the riots.

Pacification started with the standard water cannons and riot shields, but once it was clear the mob were going to break down the mighty doors of the forbidden city to give the emperor his comeuppance for letting so many starve, the soldiers opened fire and slaughtered the mob in an incident that came to be know as the Starvation Massacre.

Soon 'freedom fighting' groups from around the globe begin to pool their resources in the effort to save mankind from itself, brilliant scientists and terrorists alike begin working on a plan to liberate humanity forever from the curse of imperialistic rule.
I made a few changes to your original version (most are shown bolded, but not all) to improve the flow and correctness of the story.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 2, 2012, 11:21:40 AM
Since we are playing game: Throw a teaser I want to participate too smiley: smile

In case Dream: The Birth of Swarm isn't ready today, something readable for a while.

Sorry about typos and things, these are written in bit hurry. Oh and replace Pilgrims with Endless... We managed to create minor time paradox smiley: smile

Swarm before the problems started

Swarm in laboratory (notice this version is nowadays void, it will change a lot)

Swarm first queens

Swarm after that

have fun and delve deep to magnificient world of being annoying little critter... for soon you can be big one smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 5:24:24 PM
0.58 uploaded... it looks awful, it may give too powerful race and it may have missing localizations.

But it's still uploaded smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 10:36:29 PM
Just tried out the newest update, pretty awesome. Two things I noticed while playing the swarm, 1st you cant scrap or remove improvements, and 2nd ships cant get past wormholes. Also any way to make a larger colonization module for the swarm since by turn 70 one of my planets had a seriously high population and since i was rolling in dust one of my new colonies had to many improvements, low food so it couldn't grow, and the only remedy was to sent like 10 colonization ships to the planet to bring up the food.

Also this mod will be epic when you guys get it done. Big Props
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 5, 2012, 5:00:16 AM
1st you cant scrap or remove improvements

This is done on next version but before I upload that one, IsUnique="true" causes this problem. I am going to remove it, but there are loads of other things which also bothers me.

So in the mean time I recommend to remove from [code] [/code]

Is unique part

2nd ships cant get past wormholes

This on the otherhand is intended... I just need to double freespeed once again.

Basically Swarm won't use wormholes, instead they can travel at will.

Also any way to make a larger colonization module for the swarm since by turn 70 one of my planets had a seriously high population and since i was rolling in dust one of my new colonies had to many improvements, low food so it couldn't grow, and the only remedy was to sent like 10 colonization ships to the planet to bring up the food.

I did try to meet this in otherperspective but I'm fairly sure that I need to change it even more. Basically Carcass lowers weight of colonization module (or should) to 16-18 right now which means that it should be able to carry 3 of those.

I think that this was better approach for Swarm... basically for them colonization modules are more like a hive clusters.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 5, 2012, 6:34:18 AM
kyefoeweaver wrote:
Just tried out the newest update, pretty awesome. Two things I noticed while playing the swarm, 1st you cant scrap or remove improvements, and 2nd ships cant get past wormholes. Also any way to make a larger colonization module for the swarm since by turn 70 one of my planets had a seriously high population and since i was rolling in dust one of my new colonies had to many improvements, low food so it couldn't grow, and the only remedy was to sent like 10 colonization ships to the planet to bring up the food.

Also this mod will be epic when you guys get it done. Big Props

Did upload another version, hopefully this one corrects most confusing things.

Oh and I did link science to money if you wonder how it now calculates it smiley: smile

Also did minor change how planets works... it may not work at all smiley: biggrin (basically each planet at start get 50% invisible malus, when you colonize it first time you get 50% back (0.75 if my calculations are correct) and then on next colonize level 33.4% more (combined it's 100.1% from normal... good enough for me)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 2:37:18 AM
I'm not quite sure if this was mentioned, but the Trade Group (formerly Sheredyn) has no traits of its own. Is this intentional or have we not got that far yet?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 4:56:26 AM
Ghost492 wrote:
I'm not quite sure if this was mentioned, but the Trade Group (formerly Sheredyn) has no traits of its own. Is this intentional or have we not got that far yet?

First bit about races and how those are shared:

I handle Swarm alone (and right now wondering how it should be balanced smiley: smile though I am happy for any beta testing and will do changes accordingly.

Pilgrim is mostly Igncom1 project, though I will code it.

IHFG and UE belongs to Matt, he has had couple busy weeks and that explains why those haven't progressed.

Amoeba is Epimethees product, I am starting to go through it once I have done Pilgrims (and I start to go through Pilgrims once Swarm is finished... we really need more coders)

My next project after Pilgrims will be Sowers. (and this starts to explain a lot about me smiley: smile

This means that following races may not be in version 1: Hissho, Horatio, Sophons. I really don't know about Matts races :/

About traits and stuff:

I will add heromod and traits on version 0.6 though I am still wondering whether getting vanilla traits or my compilation mod traits would be better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 4:58:53 PM
This versions Swarm may be bit boring then but...

It's best so far, going to name it 0.59 since it really does have major improvements.

Oh btw reason why I did brought upkeep back was mostly because you can't sell improvements if there isn't upkeep. I will later figure out someway to pass that rule.

Major points which I want feedback:

* Is game too "slow" (player should still always have something to do, maybe I anyway give players for free greenfly without colonizing module)

* Are ships too powerful

* Are weapons too powerful

* How easy it is to understand Swarms taxing mechanism
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 8, 2012, 9:52:40 PM
This mods sounds interesting, but I seem to be having some problems.

I added the 059 version to the Mod folder, but it shows up as 0.48 when i launch it, Is this a mistake?

When trying to play as the United Empire I am unable to build any ships at the start, is this intended or are they just not in yet? If not, what factions are playable?

Also where are these Swarm you guys keep talking about? I don't see them in the faction menu.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 8, 2012, 10:00:59 PM
The version number is a noted mistake, but it should still be 059.

The only faction that is 'intended' currently is the Swarm (Cravers) however I am unsure if the AI can play them or the UE.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 13, 2012, 5:13:35 AM
0.70 released:

Good news for all bug lovers... Swarm is ready!

Sower is so and so phase, they have almost everything ready but no one has yet playtested it so be ready for some massive changes.

Again make sure that AI doesn't have these races, even though it shouldn't crash game you might see that those races don't build ships or stuff. (I need AI coder badly :/)

Next I am going to start to build Hissho
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 6:13:39 PM
Major change in project:

From now on our team has split to 2 parts.

In other part is me, mostly alone

In other part is rest of old team. (not sure about Igncom1)

This is due we saw major differences in way we imagined how mod works and in our working ways.

We just felt that it's better to bring 2 different mods.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 6:59:49 PM
I have stopped making this project.. feel free to use anything what I have done so far.

Likewise I have stopped making mods (or playing) Endless Space due to reason that I have started to make own game.

I hope that you have good luck with this game and modding it smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 29, 2012, 8:45:12 PM
This is probably really noob question but, Ive tried to install your mod and failed many times. Am I missing the installation post?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 29, 2012, 8:49:42 PM
Any mod is built to work with a specific version of ES, and it will only work with that version. Since this mod is dead, it is not updated to work with any current version of ES. So we can be sure it will never work, no matter how many times you try.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 11:54:26 AM
Hupailija wrote:
I have stopped making this project.. feel free to use anything what I have done so far.

Likewise I have stopped making mods (or playing) Endless Space due to reason that I have started to make own game.

Sorry to see you go, Hupailija. I was a silent reader/follower of this and enjoyed reading up on your progress.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 11:57:12 AM
Hupailija wrote:

Good Luck!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 16, 2013, 2:36:22 AM
Can someone please help me with installing this mod? I've tried everything I could think of.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment