Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Mod] Endless Dream

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 2:22:29 PM
Ok, reason why that crash happens have been found out.

Fixing it takes loads of patience though... I'm not sure whether I can release today fixed version (sorry for that).

Basically problem is how this game handles AI and AIs activity.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 3:32:38 PM
Hupailija wrote:
Ok, reason why that crash happens have been found out.

Fixing it takes loads of patience though... I'm not sure whether I can release today fixed version (sorry for that).

Basically problem is how this game handles AI and AIs activity.

We THINK, anyway - unless Hupa found proof of that today.

My personal priority is to get all common techs and half of the racial techs baselined by the end of the weekend; I'd prefer to do fully develop techs->modules->AI in that order but Hupa tends to go out ahead of us and lay the groundwork (which is immensely useful).

Just a quick progress update:

'Warfare' technology tree 90% complete for 4-5 races.

Exploration/Diplomacy/Science Tech tree PROTOTYPES are in (yes, multiple prototypes - we have not firmly decided on the arrangement yet)

Custom weapon modules are in for 4 races

Racial descriptions and some victory conditions have been changed.

~25% of the localizations we'll need for release 1 are done (mainly Warfare tree/weapons modules)

Since we don't want to release unplayable versions, we may wait all the way until "Release 1" to upload the mod. On the other hand, we'll try to keep you entertained by posting mod content, concepts, and background stories in this thread.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 4:11:01 PM
Sounds like you guys have been busy. I'll see if I can help in any way. Of course, I really need to finish my technology trees for the B5 mod.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 4:14:18 PM
Harel55 wrote:
Sounds like you guys have been busy. I'll see if I can help in any way. Of course, I really need to finish my technology trees for the B5 mod.

Two questions.

1) Who's your German translator? Hupa mentioned that he wouldn't mind releasing Dream w/ English/French/German localizations. That is - if you can spare the guy smiley: wink

2) It looks like you guys have gone a bit further with heroes than we have; if we decide to go in that direction for Release 1 we could definitely use your help there!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 6:13:34 AM
Right, reason why I have lately been silent has been because I have implemented my compilation mod (you know, the first mod which also was most viewed for a long time) to the Dream: Vision.

This means that hero system has seen completle change (to better system) and that traits have changed to more interesting ones.

I may upload heromod and compilation mod as a stand alone mods.

About release of version 1: We are working quite "interestingly", that basically means that thashephard releases one huge version each day and I just keep adding groundbreaking stuff which doesn't really have anything to do with this project.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 6:19:49 AM
Hupa was done with version 1 in 2009, he's laying the groundwork for Dream 5.0 as we speak smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 8:08:36 PM
Quick progress update:

The new technology format is roughly in place, and we've developed a novella worth of lore (thanks to Epithemee, Igncom1, and Combat_koala for their disturbingly creative minds!). We've also altered the mod's file structure for easier development.

Right now, most work is centering on overhauling the trait system, module development, and localisation.

Teaser tech tree:

19 Sower fighters attacking a hapless pirate:

0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 8:13:41 PM
Could you make up a video to introduce your mod? So that we clearly grasp its wereabouts? That would be awesome smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 8:18:00 PM
We already have troubles doing our work, if we have to do video, that will be... hard.

Could you make up a video to introduce your mod? So that we clearly grasp its wereabouts? That would be awesome

Ask all you questions here and we'll try to answer !
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 8:52:12 PM
I actually thought about a video lol. But we have our hands full!

Our plan is to reveal select juicy bits of information as we get closer to release - but believe it or not, there are some surprises and plot twists that we want to let the players discover for themselves smiley: smile

Epimethee might make a post soon revealing some of our custom technologies - we'll give you something haha.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 9:16:08 PM
thashepherd wrote:
Two questions.

1) Who's your German translator? Hupa mentioned that he wouldn't mind releasing Dream w/ English/French/German localizations. That is - if you can spare the guy smiley: wink

2) It looks like you guys have gone a bit further with heroes than we have; if we decide to go in that direction for Release 1 we could definitely use your help there!
MrJa and the rest of the team all speak German except me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 26, 2012, 12:53:49 AM
thashepherd wrote:
Right now our Swarm is influenced by the 'buggers' from Ender's Game and Tyranids from WH40k, among other things. From what little I know about the Vong, they're probably closer to our Hissho.

Without revealing too much, the Hissho are going to be FUN. smiley: smile

Love Ender's Game. Have read mosst of the series and now I understand alot about the swarm... ( always though of them as another race, Now I truly know =D )
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 26, 2012, 1:59:24 PM
Okay so, as thashepherd said, here comes some weapon modules description (and their translation in french - si vous pensez que la trad est nase, n'hésitez pas à me le dire, j'avoue que je patine un poil dans la semoule par moments) :

Tier 1 UE First Weapon (Gauss gun) :

Mk 1 mod 3 Accelerator, linear

Description : A standard twin-rail 15MW accelerator which fires 200 5kg tungsten projectiles at 5,000 meters per second from a sled floating on air bearings. Known to glow red hot during heavy combat use; sustained fire may degrade accuracy.

Accélérateur Mk 1 mod 3, linéaire

Description : Un accélérateur double-rail standard de 15MW pouvant tirer deux cents projectiles en tungstène de 5kg à 5,000 mètres par seconde à l'aide d'une plateforme sur coussins d'airs. Arme connue pour sa lumière rouge et chaude quand elle est longtemps utilisée en combat; attention cependant, un feu nourri dégrade la précision.

Tier 2 UE Second Weapon (Mass Driver) :

Mk 2 Driver, helical configuration

Description : This driver does not use a rail-mounted sled; the projectile is suspended in the center of the barrel by electromagnets, and the rails spiral around the outside of the barrel in a helix configuration. Since there is no longer a sled which has to be retracted or replaced, the rate of fire can be increased. Rails can be mounted as densely as needed by increasing the frequency of the helix. The utter lack of friction, and massive increase in available power, come at a cost in size.

Conducteur de masse Mk 2, configuration hélicoïdale

Description : Ce conducteur n'utilise pas une plateforme sur rail. Le projectile est suspendu au centre du canon par des électro-aimants, et autour se trouve la spirale des rails autour de l'extérieur du canon, dans une configuration hélicoïdale. Puisqu'il n'y a plus de plateforme ayant besoin d'être rétractée ou replacée, la vitesse de feu peut être augmentée. Il est possible d'accroître le nombre de rails en augmentant la fréquence de l'hélice. L'absence totale de friction et l'important gain de puissance, possède un prix, la taille.

After finishing the UE modules, I'll get to UE new techs, Sower modules & techs, Sophons modules & techs, ...
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 1, 2012, 8:03:31 PM
Just in case someone wonders, this project isn't dead smiley: smile

It's just that I had to basically start from zero and start to rebuild everything...

don't worry though I have coded in a frenzy last couple days (before that I had to write entire storyline for Swarm) and I am going to tomorrow (hopefully) release version 0.6: The Dream: Birth of Swarm.

I still miss one whole technology tree (hey, I am trying to build something revolutionary) and localizations.

I have to warn though, due to lacking person who could draw graphics will look awful.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 1, 2012, 9:27:01 PM
Well that's good to hear, but still sad. Also, for those who were asking what the joke with my accelerators comment was, there isn't one. I'm genuinely excited to bombard planets with meteors.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 1, 2012, 10:04:17 PM
A small snippet of lore for a teaser smiley: wink:

The Pilgrims

The nomadic fleet of the Pilgrims has a long history of desperation and counter aggression, as most humans are, and begins with actions originating from Chinese traditionalists.

In 2038 riots throughout the Asian content of the already 26 years old United Empire under the control of the New Xin Dynasty had gotten out of control, massive mobs of protesters ran towards the refurbished forbidden city and started to knock down the doors.

The riots over food shortages had been catastrophic since the early 2020's and with food shortages outpacing the development of large scale GM crops the new UE military was called in to 'pacify' the riots.

Pacification started with the general water cannons and riot shields, but once it was clear the mob were going to brake down the mighty doors of the forbidden city to give the emperor his comeuppance for letting so many starve, the soldiers opened fire and slaughtered the mob in an incident that came to be know as the starvation massacre.

Soon 'freedom fighting' groups from around the globe begin to pool their resources in the effort to save mankind from itself, brilliant scientists and terrorists alike begin working on a plan to liberate humanity forever from the curse of imperialistic rule.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment