Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Mod] Endless Dream

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 9:33:48 PM
Wohoo!

double that for Amoebas being painful for me smiley: wink

Oh btw I have written Swarms buildings, tech tree, events to some point and so on... What can I say?

When you suffer phobias relating to anything smaller than your knee it's easy to make insects smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 9:37:35 PM
I sent you my first reflexion on the Amoebas beginning. I'll let you people read it when I'll have finish
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 8:13:16 PM
Its it possible to create improvements that can decrease an opponents empire approval, as a sort of intelligence agency for non-militaristic nations?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 9:23:13 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Its it possible to create improvements that can decrease an opponents empire approval, as a sort of intelligence agency for non-militaristic nations?

Sadly I think that it's not, there are path only for own empire :/

Hmmmm, that gives me wonderful idea of completly new ship for good races:

Diplomatic ship, negative money and science leach (as in gives other nation money and science from own storage) which also gives own nation similar amount of money... should just make that ship quite expensive or atleast turn CP quite high.

Btw which sounds better for Pilgrims:

a) Each system gets FIDS equal to MaxCommandPoints and Population = MaxCommandPoint in every planet (notice though that planet population doesn't matter since planets don't give anything) .. basically this would be most first idea, it would simulate quite nicely idea of Pilgrims being spaceliving people who can evacuate it's people and "buildings". In this version Builds would be named as a Fleets and would give system bonuses.

b) Pilgrims wouldn't get any buildings at all and system and planet bonuses for science / money would be set to 0 (for production and food it would be bit different). Instead they would get dozens ship modules which would increase their social production.

Science / Money would be flat / percents to Empire, Production would (hopefully, I haven't tried this and need to see how it works) affect only to particular system and Food to Planets.

I myself tend to favor A over B (it's easier and makes actually more sense... and gives some use for Evacuation) but B would be funnier to code and would really make unique race.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 9:29:52 PM
You could make both? lol

And the inability to affect an opponents systems is a shame, although the hero's leaching ability might be something interesting to add, the ability for pirating ships to steal dust and science form a system as a way of sustaining an economy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 9:50:06 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
You could make both? lol

And the inability to affect an opponents systems is a shame, although the hero's leaching ability might be something interesting to add, the ability for pirating ships to steal dust and science form a system as a way of sustaining an economy.

you are one quite evil when it comes to teasing me, you know smiley: wink ... Doing both would require more than 30-40 hours of coding and completly redesigning 4-6 xml files with adding over 100 new entries. Ok, I'm in!

Only way I know you can affect to opponents systems (this time I actually went through code) is IF you bring your hero/ship over their system. After that you then again can do almost anything.

(it should be possible to make approvalleech, f/i/d/s leech, command point leech (this could be interesting) and so on... unless it's hard coded (it doesn't look like it):

Basically when it comes to leaching important lines are:

[code]

[/code]

first sets these values and tells to games that these exists. (now part what I wonder is whether it just calls them and tells that these could be used)

[code]

[/code]

Notice this also tells how Upkeep works smiley: wink . What is curious is that it takes StarSystem where effect happens and then counts it with Science / Money... even more makes me think that it could be hardcoded.

[code]

[/code]

and this is that herotrait.

Now if everything works like I want (of course it doesn't), it's possible to make those values for everything else.

Anyway it is possible to for science and dust make negative LeechBonuses which basically means that you are giving money to that system.

And even if it's hardcoded, this seems like a code where minor tinkering either a) crashes everything b) gives what I/we want
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 9:57:20 PM
Good >smiley: smile

My evil plot is working! 3smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 6:02:11 AM
Oh btw I have find out that reading sharedassets17.assets file gives answer to most things.

It's painful to try to quess where some formulas are (for example sowers affinity was in completly different place than what one can imagine when reading xml names) and how game understands different things. ("Minister of Education fails to read your suggested mod modification, do something" this tells quite a little for me smiley: wink

Boy I am happy that I have saved 8-10 versions of shareassets17.assets file
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 10:52:18 AM
Art of doing something crazy and wicked...

this has took me more time than I wanted and will take more but:

These all techs here depends what traits you have (ignore images, those are placeholders, right now names are too and skills don't have any bonuses.. as soon as I have done all these minor details I upload 0.01) .

Think that after this I can happily say that I can do again something what no one else has done earlier smiley: wink (aka make tech tree depending how one creates his race)

AI will see normal casual techtree always though, it's just too annoying to make stick numerical values to each technology when you have over 200+ smiley: wink

Edit 1: Well ok, maybe 200 was bit too much, correct value is 3x7 (alignment) + 16x6 (other traits) = 21 + 96 = 117 different technologies in old diplomacy tree. (and now imagine how much work it has taken when each technology requires 30-40 lines of text smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 12:17:31 PM
You sir are a badass!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 12:31:53 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
You sir are a badass!

Funny thingy is that this is just a really minor part of this mod.

When I did say that it will be over 200k lines this hmm, 10k lines which I have done in last 10 hours is just a drop in an ocean smiley: wink

Anyway I will need persons who can and will give me ideas of traits, buildings related to traits, differences between good, neutral and evil, names and so on... Trying to alone imagine name and description for 300 objects is biiit too funny smiley: wink

This ofcourse once I publish this version (will take a while, I start to see lights already.. makes noticing numbers bit hard)

Edit 1: 0.01 delays still, didn't realize that writing 115 x 10 may take some time smiley: wink.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 12:37:36 PM
Feel free to ask me for ideas!

I seem to be quite the well of late...smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 6:14:47 PM
0.01 Unleashed

This version is buggy, it contains features which may not work... it might give absurd production rates.

Technology and building costs are bizarre and there might be typos in some words.

If you find any bug or suggestion relating to anything say smiley: smile

Also any trait suggestion is welcomed.

Oh and if you have any suggestions how Evil/Neutral/Good should work I'm ready to listen...

oh oh oh and Tolerance don't right now work. Although it gives nice FIDS bonuses to every single planet type it doesn't really let you live in any planet.

Oh and due to AI one needs to give alignment to his race

oh and hmm, well ok... temper with that mod and you notice loads of things.

Notice also that nearly every single file is changed in simulation folder, do not in any case delete any.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 6:47:26 PM
My lord at the tech tree! smiley: biggrin

I will be sure to get back to you once i have had time to think and stuff.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 7:09:50 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
My lord at the tech tree! smiley: biggrin

I will be sure to get back to you once i have had time to think and stuff.

I hate amount of bugs it has...

oh well, if I ever can fix these I am going to next change military branch to race trait specific.. after that will be left one which will be hardest one. If I ever manage to build left one I can add events and story... and after that ES is like I dreamed it to be. As in Real single player 4x game with race and trait specific tech trees, story and different races. I am still drooling when I think that smiley: wink

Anyway it's dream until I can be sure that it's possible to deny access to technology depending your choices. (It should be possible to put Empire Building as a rule for denying access to technology.. and it's definetely possible to make empire buildings without icon).

What is rather annoying is that if you want to add technology it has to actually do something (makes sense but still it's annoying).

Basically it's impossible to build only bones of structure.. you need to actually make things what do something.

Oh right, forget to add one thing: I do not speak German or French, if you are using either German or French client this mod will look bit weird.

I really would need somebody who has patience to translate loads of sentences / words to these 2 languages... until that this mod works only with english client.

Really sorry about this :/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 4:27:11 AM
Had dream about military branch last night,

I think that I use the system I did see in that dream... especially since it's right now impossible to block access to techonologies.

Each race has 4 different weapons (read further, total amount is 20), 2 of their main type and 1 of their subtypes.. only exception is Swarm which has 4 different Sonar weapons.

For Swarm system is similar:

first in left: Sonar tiny

second in left: Sonar small

third in left: Sonar medium

fourth in left: Sonar large

For each weapon there is 4 upgrades, each upgrade rises weapons damage. (as in Sonar Large 4 is way more powerful than Sonar Large 1)

One needs 2+ of smaller size weapons to get exactly same military power than 1 larger. Then again large size weapons are always twice as big. (so you can choose between loads of small weapons in ships or couple ultrapowerful ones)

For right side stuff goes followingly:

First in right: Kinetic defence

Second in right: Laser defence

Third in right: Missile defence

Fourth in right: Race specific modules

These all are balanced to adjust correctly with weapons.

Middle is left alone for a while.

Ships and empire buildings are in science tech tree.

oh btw exploration tree is going to vanish in close future. I am going to add terraformation to correct planets in trait techs (makes sense that if you people loves to live in terran they actually can turn planets to terrans) as I am going to also add terraformation too.

Highest rank of Environments will go followingly:

New planet type (only possible via terraforming) for each tier (for terran lovers Gaia, for Arid/Tundra Boreal, for desert/arctic Subboreal (wonder whether this went right), for Barren/Lava Hollow, For Gasgiant/Asteroid Ozone gasgiant)

this planet has +5-6 in all it's FIDS values and +10 in approval, also it can house huge amount of people. Terraformation to it will cost a lot though.

Tolerance on the otherhand will be able to live in any planet at start with -50% malus, along the route to master tolerance he negates this malus and in the end he sets all planets fids to 2 and approval of each planet to 0.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 5:20:24 PM
Somethings I am going to fix in next version:

- Unique image to each empire building (this is getting annoying and I even can't take screenshot yet)

- Terraformations / Colonize improvements to correct places... bottom tech tree will become almost empty (yay)

- Further bug squashing
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 7:37:16 PM
Okay I think I made Amoebas possible.

Now I've to find buildings names.

I'll soon make the story readable in real english to you.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 7:38:43 PM
Epimethee wrote:
Okay I think I made Amoebas possible.

Now I've to find buildings names.

I'll soon make the story readable in real english to you.

You are my hero! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment