Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

MOD: UPLIFT D (compatible with Disharmony) Launched

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 7, 2013, 3:00:27 AM
dizzy_xc wrote:
Quick question before I try this mod... Thuvian posted here: /#/endless-space/forum/33-strategy-guides/thread/14058-accuracy about Accuracy. And he went into it quite in depth. Your mod changes accuracy. Does your mod use the math to achieve the right end result you are looking for based on Thuvians observations?

Just changed the base to hit chances by weapon (range) type (for now). Most of changes in Exploration tree and Hull types. Also eliminated specials like fighters taking up more space just because they are on a bigger ship.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 14, 2013, 8:23:49 PM
The Jophur are collective beings. Simple scavengers who started to specialize and combine their selves into stacks to gain a quick evolutionary advantage. When first uplifted they were very passive and had continual debates with themselves. That changed when master rings were added. (I think the Oallie who did it might know Sauron).

Next release should take care of major flaw with engine size (modded thinking it was flat wt). New stats will be:

Frigate Command Pts 1 450 Health 100 tons 1 Special Engine Size -20% (of Base 20% of Hull) i.e. if Hull Wt 100 Engine Weight 16

Destroyer Command Pts 1 500 Health 125 tons 1 Special Engine Size -10% (of Base 20% of Hull) i.e. if Hull Wt 100 Engine Weight 18

Cruiser Command Pts 2 800 Health 200 tons 2 Special Engine Size 0 (of Base 20% of Hull) i.e. if Hull Wt 100 Engine Weight 20

Battleship Command Pts 3 1200 Health 300 tons 3 Special Engine Size +10% (of Base 20% of Hull) i.e. if Hull Wt 100 Engine Weight 22

Dreadnaught Command Pts 4 2000 Health 400 tons 4 Special Engine Size +20% (of Base 20% of Hull) i.e. if Hull Wt 100 Engine Weight 24

Carrier? Command Pts 3 1000 Health 250 tons 4 Special Engine Size 0 not yet included
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 11, 2013, 5:05:09 AM
Am I reading this right, sentient rings of sap?

David Brin's got quite the imagination.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 11, 2013, 4:34:31 AM
err....released that is....

The Jophur are back (for those who remember the original mod)

They take the place of the Horatio but have some of the production traits of the United empire (and less scruples).

enjoy
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 3:01:02 AM
Antera wrote:
FYI, calling Large2 when there is no Large2 model causes the game to use Large1. So it'll look like the leviathan.

One of the very reasons the carriers aren't at the top of my list. Still even if the model looks the same they can be ID as different.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 10:36:52 PM
FYI, calling Large2 when there is no Large2 model causes the game to use Large1. So it'll look like the leviathan.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 3:59:21 AM
There is an unused Large2 slot that I will use for carriers.

Food=Water for most part but I maybe cutting back later on Tundra. The point is once you get to tech to settle those planets you have tech to utilize the water.

Engine size is related to mass of ship (physics). I am trying to get engines to be needed by slowing down base movement but may eventually decrease size of engines in general but keep current proportion. Sensors need less mass for sure.

Working on my Sower/Craver Hybrid but having problems as I want craver traits to be a tech discovered and they seem mostly hardcoded.

I still have an error for all races but Zang on 1.1.3 in that Colonize Terran, Ocean and Swamp show up on tech tree of other races but have fixed but not uploaded in new version.

Slt difference in Frigate and Destroyer mass and more power output on destroyer makes for different classes.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 5:14:08 AM
I was reading Antera's Carrier Mod here /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16167-carrier-mod when I thought of your carrier design and how you will implement it and had some input.

It seems that it is hardcoded that you cannot add another ship class. So you will be stuck converting an existing one. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this and which one you would choose. My concern is the balancing on the command points and the tonnages you use in this mod. There needs to be a way to balance the ship classes so as not to give advantage to running around in smaller hulls.

For instance, you have given your Destroyer 1 CP, 500 Health, 125 tons, 1 Special, Engine Size 0.5.

You have given your cruiser 2 CP, 800 Health, 200 Tons, 2 Specials, Engine Size 1.0

That allows me to run a Destroyer with 2x @ of Flak, Shields and Deflectors with an engine module and 9 Medium Range Beams.

A Cruiser on the hand with 2x @ of Flak, Shields and Deflectors with an Engine module can mount 14 Med Range Beams.

So 2x Destroyers would have more total tonnage, more collective health, more beam damage, and more evasion for the same CP points. It is unfair for the AI which as soon as they get higher ship classes they start building only those larger designs.

I dont think it is balanced.

I also dont see the need for having a corvette and a destroyer both the same tonnage. It is a waste of hull class because one or the other can be given all the tonnage discounts to fulfill the role of scout and warship depending on how the player wants to outfit it thus freeing up a hull class. I'll get to carriers in a bit.

I Also think your engine tonnage penalty for larger ships is too great. Perhaps halve it so as to encourage players to buy them than running around in destroyer packs. When choosing larger ships this mod forces you to choose either a slow ship that is armed well, or upgrading the engines at a huge tonnage cost and then not being armed well as a result. And neither of those choices is attractive when you can run around in Destroyer Packs with more of total health, tonnage, weapons power, and evasion.

My solution as a minimum would be to use CP as the defining statistic and make the Destroyer exactly half that of the Cruiser in every statistic category. So having 2 Destroyers doesnt net you any advantages... Similarly, the Battleship should be 1.5 times that of the Cruiser and the Dreadnought 2 times the cruiser. The engine bonuses shouldnt be a disadvantage, because you dont use tech research to move backwards. You use it to make things better. So larger higher tech ships should be better combat wise than multiple smaller ones.

There's a way to do that when you use bonuses for armor and weapons like you have done, but as in my example above even when the cruiser is getting its 10% weapons module bonus as you have it, 2x destroyers are still better.

Can we have a departure from the thinking that smaller ships as in the past are better because thats the way its been and always shall be? I'd like to see tech levels reveal death incarnate on a scale that isnt marginalized by higher hull class penalties. Lets let higher tech class ships truly rule the space lanes.

I'd take the corvette use it as a dual purpose design. Give it all the tonnage discounts so it could be built as a warship or scout. Then you have your carrier class to play with. Either that or go like this:

Frigate CPs 1 450 Health 100 tons 1 Special Engine Size 0.6

Destroyer CP 1 500 Health 125 tons 1 Special Engine Size 0.5

Cruiser CP 2 900 Health 250 tons 2 Special Engine Size .75 (10% discounts to weapons and armor modules)

Battleship CP 3 1500 Health 400 tons 4 Special Engine Size 1.0 (20% discounts to weapons and armor modules in addition to discounts for support modules for fighters and bombers) THIS IS YOUR CARRIER class dual purposed with a Battleship.

Dreadnaught CP 4 3000 Health 800 tons 4 Special Engine Size 1.25
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 7, 2013, 7:57:35 AM
Arctic Arid and Tundra all have +2 to food. Its a bit much imo. I NEVER have to buy food or use planetary exploitation for food as I have a surplus and my racial trait is -10 Agriculture to boot. So these planets makin too much food. Why have food upgrades facilities when you dont need them.

Also, Terran, Ocean and Jungle planets are super rare. Maybe too rare. But the Arid Arctic and Tundra are common so I dont have food issues ever. I'd even think twice about giving deserts +1 food.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 7, 2013, 7:18:19 AM
Yup. 1.1.3 is DLing now. And my old save wont load now. Damn. Any way to make it still work?

Please add in that carrier!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 7, 2013, 3:49:35 AM
dizzy_xc wrote:
The Zang have a reference to the Automatons in their reaction box when I offer them a peace treaty... Did you use the Automatons as a template for the Zang?

The Zang are flying around in the Automatons ships so that may cause the reference.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 7, 2013, 3:47:57 AM
dizzy_xc wrote:
Where is the 1.1.3 Link? I thought you fixed Desert colonization? I used the D/L link in the 1st post and it ave me 1.1.1. I cant colonize Deserts.

Also the Pilrgrims had Warp Drive when unlocking atmoshperic filtration. Not the case now. Grrrrrrrr!!!!#$%^&*

Confirmed 1.1.3 version is downloading.

Change in ship and movement (spreading out these techs) is intentional.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 7, 2013, 3:07:37 AM
dizzy_xc wrote:
Gravitron Manipulation, a lvl 5 tier tech, has Lava Transformation coming before Lava Colonization which is under Exotic thermodynamics a lvl 7 tier tech. Doesnt seem right to get transformation before colonization...

Each of my posts above has feedback. Still missing the desert colonize. The DL u linked is 1.1.1. Not 1.1.3.

This work in progress has some left over from set up from original mods. (Hence Jungle Pilgrims although when they get converted to the Tymbrini this time they may have Arid)

Eventually as races are abducted to my needs things like Lava Transformation will be rarer and make sense for the race.

Template for the Zang was Harmony and race is unplayable with this mod (as they are essentially the Zang). As there is a lot of hardcoding it is easier to abduct and convert a race.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 6, 2013, 10:36:50 AM
Gravitron Manipulation, a lvl 5 tier tech, has Lava Transformation coming before Lava Colonization which is under Exotic thermodynamics a lvl 7 tier tech. Doesnt seem right to get transformation before colonization...

Each of my posts above has feedback. Still missing the desert colonize. The DL u linked is 1.1.1. Not 1.1.3.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 5, 2013, 7:27:11 PM
Also, I cannot figure out why my in game music isnt playing. Is it because Im running a mod and all mods do this? Or is it something with the game restarting it with the mod? Or is it the mod itself...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 5, 2013, 6:45:49 PM
The Zang have a reference to the Automatons in their reaction box when I offer them a peace treaty... Did you use the Automatons as a template for the Zang?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 5, 2013, 5:54:37 PM
I started off with a Jungle planet as Pilgrims. And could colonize Ocean, yet those are both very high tech levels that I do not possess yet. Whats up with that?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 5, 2013, 5:08:43 PM
Where is the 1.1.3 Link? I thought you fixed Desert colonization? I used the D/L link in the 1st post and it ave me 1.1.1. I cant colonize Deserts.

Also the Pilrgrims had Warp Drive when unlocking atmoshperic filtration. Not the case now. Grrrrrrrr!!!!#$%^&*
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment